Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the herald today, they stated that riley spoke with the team and addressed some shortcomings which included inconsistent 3-pt shooting. he is exploring trying to move doleac or DORELL WRIGHT for a shooter to help the team. could voshon be back? the herald has reported that he has fallen out of favor with the nuggets and he would definitely help the heat with outside shooting this season.

i personally think that riley has overreacted to that loss to the raptors. payton was laying bricks from the arc, but posey, walker, kapono and williams are all adequate 3 pt shooters. with williams coming back tonight (who is shooting at a career high 41% clip from the arc) i think we'll be okay. there's nights when teams are just off. pacers lost by 32 to the bobcats last week... pistons were blown out by 20+ in their first loss. doleac has a solid mid-range game to back up zo and shaq when he returns and wright along with dwade of course are the future of this franchise. i dont think a trade would be worth it.

your thoughts?

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
I wouldn't be opposed to trading Doleac for Lenard, but....

could we get him for a 2nd? or do we still have a trade exception that would work?

Doleac has his advantages, but at the same time...theres no minutes for him unless we get injuries. And even then, Simien can perform as good as he does on a good night, plus it gets him experience.

Lenard would be a good addition and someone who's played in Riley's system before

·
Banned
66 Posts
fmanlu05 said:
in the herald today, they stated that riley spoke with the team and addressed some shortcomings which included inconsistent 3-pt shooting. he is exploring trying to move doleac or DORELL WRIGHT for a shooter to help the team. could voshon be back? the herald has reported that he has fallen out of favor with the nuggets and he would definitely help the heat with outside shooting this season.

i personally think that riley has overreacted to that loss to the raptors. payton was laying bricks from the arc, but posey, walker, kapono and williams are all adequate 3 pt shooters. with williams coming back tonight (who is shooting at a career high 41% clip from the arc) i think we'll be okay. there's nights when teams are just off. pacers lost by 32 to the bobcats last week... pistons were blown out by 20+ in their first loss. doleac has a solid mid-range game to back up zo and shaq when he returns and wright along with dwade of course are the future of this franchise. i dont think a trade would be worth it.

your thoughts?
I think is a must. The shooters we have are streaky. You don't want them to go on a bad streak down the Playoffs. You want more consistent proven shooters. Doleac is pretty tradeable, if you ask me. Dorrel Wright is all hype, but I will not hesitate to risk trading him, for the sake of know. But I will look maybe later down the line. Right know is to early to start making moves.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i totally forgot about simien and his emergence so i think trading doleac would work out. they were speculating that the reason wright got so much playing time on sunday was because riley wanted to showcase his talents as trade-bait for a sharpshooter like lenard. i think doleac, a 2nd rounder or a trade exception would all be great, but wright is still 19 yrs old. trading him for the sake of now may be a big mistake.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
I would hate to have to include Wright.I still cringe when I think about the Ricky Davis for Chris Gatling trade.

If it does happen I hope its the Doleac and a trade exception for Voshon Lenard. It would be good for both teams. Doleac could help replace the size they lost when Nene went down and Lenard would be a great addition for Miami because of his shooting.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if lenard comes back sunsports HAS to ditch 'the coach' fiorentino.... dr. jack MUST come back and relive all of the 'LENARD! LENARD! LENAAARD!' glory days. lol.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Doleac and 2007 2nd round sounds better than Wright.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Our 3pt shooters are inconsistent?:rolleyes:

J-Dub - 19-46 .41%

Walker - 24-63 .38%

Kapono - 10-18 .55%

Posey - 13-28 .46%

When Shaq gets back they'll get even better!

Wright or Vo?

Are you joking?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Iron Man said:

J-Dub - 19-46 .41%

Walker - 24-63 .38%

Kapono - 10-18 .55%

Posey - 13-28 .46%

Wright or Vo?

Are you joking?
Actually i saw somthing on Sun TV taht said somthing like that Kapono and Posey are the 2 best fg% shooters duo, or somthing like that... I dont want to give up Wright hes shown some light latley...And as for Doliac i dont want to give him up b/c Shaq and injuries and etc..Whos Vashons def, b/c if hes not good at D then Kapono is just fine, Kapono is a great 3 pt shooter, better then DJ, just is his def is not good...Dj's wasnt either...

·
Banned
66 Posts
Iron Man said:

J-Dub - 19-46 .41%

Walker - 24-63 .38%

Kapono - 10-18 .55%

Posey - 13-28 .46%

Wright or Vo?

Are you joking?
After 11 games, please. And some of them players have yet to even play that much. Lets see how them percentages look, after 60 games. And Voshon Lenard I don't think is the one we need. I think we need a better perimeter defender with a shoot.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
PlatnumStyle said:
After 11 games, please. And some of them players have yet to even play that much. Lets see how them percentages look, after 60 games. And Voshon Lenard I don't think is the one we need. I think we need a better perimeter defender with a shoot.
None of them have ever played with Super-Stars that command as much attention as Shaq and Wade get! If they're shooting great with just Wade (which they are) why wouldn't they get even better once Shaq returns?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Their percentages will only get better once Shaq returns and they get more comfortable in the system with him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts