Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Carlos Boozer of the Utah Jazz has purchased a 5,600-square-foot home with 10 bedrooms and 13 bathrooms on about an acre on the Westside for $8.6 million. The basketball star, who turns 24 today, joined the Jazz in 2004. Earlier this month, he was put on the injured list amid reports he wanted out. Boozer has a five-year, $60-million deal with Utah, but reportedly neither he nor his wife, CeCe, has been thrilled with living in Salt Lake City. The Los Angeles home Boozer bought has a long private driveway; walls of glass; panoramic views; a 30-foot ceiling in the living room; a large master-bedroom suite with a projection screen; an elevator; indoor racquetball court; tennis court; pool; spa; and two-story, five-bedroom guesthouse." Los Angeles Times

from hoops hype... i think boozer will be gone, but not neccessarily to the Lakers

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="colhead"><td width="65">WHO</td><td>INTERESTED</td><td>THE SKINNY</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td align="center" nowrap="nowrap">

Michael Olowokandi
Timberwolves
</td><td> </td><td>Anybody Want Some Kandi?
Nov 22 - "Don't be surprised if the Timberwolves talk trade with the Jazz, with Michael Olowokandi going to Utah for Carlos Boozer, and with either Troy Hudson or Marko Jaric of the Wolves as part of a deal," reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Ooh I want Boozer!! I hope all it takes is some expiring contracts and some picks. Then that would move Kwame to the bench and we'd have pretty good depth. But we'd be way over the cap for a long time

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Cris said:
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr class="colhead"><td width="65">WHO</td><td>INTERESTED</td><td>THE SKINNY</td></tr><tr class="evenrow" valign="top"><td align="center" nowrap="nowrap">

Michael Olowokandi
Timberwolves
</td><td> </td><td>Anybody Want Some Kandi?
Nov 22 - "Don't be surprised if the Timberwolves talk trade with the Jazz, with Michael Olowokandi going to Utah for Carlos Boozer, and with either Troy Hudson or Marko Jaric of the Wolves as part of a deal," reports the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
</td></tr></tbody> </table>
So much for Caron and Atkins not being enough for Boozer.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
So much for Caron and Atkins not being enough for Boozer.
Didn't you also make this same spurious conclusion after claiming Memphis was going to trade for Magloire for peanuts despite being told it wasn't a done deal?

Plus this is a different situation than when the Lakers wanted Boozer (February). At that point no one knew his injury was that serious. Today, 9 months later, t it looks very serious and his stock has dropped a ton as a result.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm glad we didn't trade for him. I don't want Boozer. Maybe some team who likes a good player for 50 games a year can gamble on him.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last thing the Lakers need is another guy who is overpaid. He has hardly played in the past season and 1/2 and it doesn't look like he is going to improve. If he really isn't hurt and he is just faking to get out of town then I definatly DO NOT want him in LA. Just goes to show he is a very shady character....first screwed over a blind man in Cleveland and if speculation is correct he is trying to do something similar in Utah....quickly turning himself into the Terrell Owens of the NBA.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ummm, I've only been watching the NBA closely since last season, so, can I ask what happened in Cleveland with him?
Cleveland opted not to pick up the team option they had on him in order to give him an extension after a decent season the year before. Both parties made a verbal agreement on an offer, but shortly thereafter he reneged on his word and bolted to the Jazz for more money.

But for the topic, Boozer wouldn't be too bad, he'd surely offer more than what Odom has provided thus far. That being said I believe the Lakers would be better off trying to pawn Odom off to the Celtics to obtain Pierce. I believe they'd have more luck pulling off the Pippen-Jordanlike partnership moreso.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Boozer hasn't been the same since he left Cleveland, he's getting paid too much & too long of a contract for the lakers to take a chance on. You want to join the Knicks in salary cap hell?

·
Registered
181 Posts
no it waont happen

1 - 15 of 15 Posts