Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Hey... do you guys think all of us *should* or *should not* click on a link—inside the A10’s opening night thread—purporting to be a recap of a random NBA game? It was posted by a guy who suddenly appeared and made two of his three all-time posts in succession in a preposterously off-topic manner. Thoughts?

·
Piker
8,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was all excited to talk about opening night in A10 basketball and now I am discombobulated and angry.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If I wanted info on or to discuss an NBA game I would go to a different site. I'm thinking, perhaps hoping is better, that this was done in error.

November 5 begins that two month span where we all can pretty much root for conference mates. Thereafter..............................its a whole new ballgame.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Why in all that is holy and sacred is GW playing a game at effin Towson? I dont care if you can hit the Towson bursar's office from the GW bookstore with a spitwad, there is no reason GW should be pursuing H/H games with a "local rival" like Towson even if they are projected to win their conference. They averaged 1,380 fans a game last year.

Maybe....maaaaaaybe if it was Fordham we could excuse or ignore this as "ehh its Fordham, who cares". But GW is not Fordham. GW has to be better than this. Really Fordham has to be better than this too, but I dont want to sound like a greedy A10 fan and ask for the moon.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Why in all that is holy and sacred is GW playing a game at effin Towson? I dont care if you can hit the Towson bursar's office from the GW bookstore with a spitwad, there is no reason GW should be pursuing H/H games with a "local rival" like Towson even if they are projected to win their conference. They averaged 1,380 fans a game last year.

Maybe....maaaaaaybe if it was Fordham we could excuse or ignore this as "ehh its Fordham, who cares". But GW is not Fordham. GW has to be better than this. Really Fordham has to be better than this too, but I dont want to sound like a greedy A10 fan and ask for the moon.
Good to hear your thoughts again. Rolls eyes. How's that Big East invite coming?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Good to hear your thoughts again. Rolls eyes. How's that Big East invite coming?[/QUOTE

He’s right you know. The A10 shouldn’t be playing away games like this.
Issue with the quote feature jaffie?

Yeah I hear you. But when you say it I don't feel like punching you in the face. Your delivery is more polished.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You should never take a swing at the truth.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Ah, the season is here and the summer love is gone. Although we should all love each other for the next 2 months anyway. We all know there are issues with scheduling in CBB and the A10. If GW has to play at Towson, so be it. Gannon might have been available though...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looking forward to Iona opening at LaSalle Saturday. Gaels return 5 key pieces from last year, but as usual have a mix of transfers, JuCos, and new frosh to work into the team. Usually takes a while to establish chemistry.

Highest profile newbie is Isaiah Washington, transfer from Minnesota, who is a NYC "pop-star" with like 25k followers on Instagram. He looked great in an exhibition game against a D-3 team Saturday, but it was a D-3 team.

As my oldest kid is a St. Joe's alum, I'll be rooting for the Hawks in A-10 play. Hope the conference has a great year, and everyone does well, without injuries or controversies to derail them. Even rooting for my old MAAC rival Fordham to put it together and play well.

My heart is filled with love and I love you all, in an appropriate and non-threatening manner. Let's goooooooooo!!!!!!!

BTW Gaels Men's X-Country team won its 29th straight MAAC title this fall and is once again ranked in the top 10 in the nation.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

We don't play anyone on the road in our OOC this season. Our first road (not home, not neutral) game will be at VCU on 1/2/2020.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts