Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
We don't play anyone on the road in our OOC this season. Our first road (not home, not neutral) game will be at VCU on 1/2/2020.
And thank God for that. If you cant get a decent road game, getting on a bus to play at SE Missouri State for the sake of checking the "away" box is no winning move.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
We don't play anyone on the road in our OOC this season. Our first road (not home, not neutral) game will be at VCU on 1/2/2020.
Mad props for not being a guarantee. Hope you wreck shit on OOC.

Same to all of you.

That is correct, but I know how much you Olean boys enjoy bus rides.

Seriously, I just looked at the Bonnie’s schedule and they play five away games in OOC? Why? Schmidt needs to schedule like The Flyer’s and Fordham.
Believe me, I get that. The Bonnies should be the team this season that schedules ridiculously easy OOC, gets to like 26-5, 5th in the A-10 and in the last week before SS, everyone knows "They need to notch a marquee win or two to have a chance to get in as an at-large."

That scenario is why I advocate everyone but the Top 4 scheduling for as many OOC wins period and not caring about OOC SOS/Marquee wins. Our goal should be legit teams at the top (VCU, Davidson, Dayton this year), two bubble teams like what I described above (Bona, URI this year) and then another FOUR teams just like that only 10-8 to 8-10 in the A-10 standings. That gives us nine teams 18-10 or better, and everyone's got 11 Q1/Q2 games from conference play alone.

But at the same time, I understand by Bona plays Buffalo, Niagara, Canisius, Siena (2 home, 2 road) every year. It IS important for us to play those teams and beat those teams. That doesn't help the rest of you very much if we drop one on the road, but I don't think anyone can accuse the Bonnies of not being a good soldier for the league (except last year's injury-caused OOC)

·
Registered
905 Posts
URI gets the first one out of the way without disaster, 76-65 over LIU. Gamblers are the only ones disappointed as the line was URI -13. Fatts with 18 pts 7 asts, Langevine 16 pts 15 rebs.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Yeah, but Ohio's lineup is also this young. More a product of OO in foul trouble and Welch struggling from the arc, so Lofton is trying to do to much. That turns a Big 3 into No 3.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts