Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to an LG.net poster, Lewis will stay in Seattle, Anyone else heard anything yet? It's apparently being reported on some news networks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dallas-Mavs and RealGM reporting same thing now.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Paul Silvy of KingTv in Seattle is reporting that forward Rashard Lewis has decided to re-sign with the Seattle Supersonics.

The deal is reportly for 7 years and worth $64 million with incentives.

Apparently, Sonics Head Coach Nate McMillan played a big factor in his decision to stay in Seattle.

The dollars also likely had a big influence as well.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Shard was expected to stay, but he just wanted to see if the Sonics would budge over into his demands.

I don't know what kind of friction Shard has created with the team?? He did express a lot of frustration towards the management and I guess this whole thing is just business the hard way. I wonder if the Sonics fans would actually consider Shard as a true ball player for their organization or a professional Thief?? :upset: :eek:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thank GOD Seattle re-signed the dude. They would be in bad shape if he had left. 7 yrs $64 million, not including the unreachable incentive clauses.

NOW... what will the team do with Gary Payton? He's not a happy camper right now... of course, it's not the first time he's been an unhappy camper during his pro career! Who can blame him?

I still say that he's a candidate to go to Detroit--the Sonics need to decide if they're going to be able to re-sign Payton next summer, if they even want to re-sign him, and if they think Payton wants to re-sign with them. Detroit still looks like a pretty good home for the guy to me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts