Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject head suggests, this thread is dedicated to the glory moments displayed on the court by NBA players. The players can range from any NBA team - though all moves must have been made in the last year (when we're in the off-season, and within the last week during pre-season, regular season and playoffs. Hopefully this thread can live through an entire season as a repository of highlight real moves described in simple yet eloquent detail.

Okay, to get things started, I'm going to montage a few reels from my mental diary dating back to this past RMR Summer League Games.

Chandler leaping to the air for a board, going straight up with the outstretched arms of defenders in mid air reaching up on both sides of Chandler, but coming a good two feet short of where his hands pick the ball out of the air at a height that is nothing short of astounding. ( We're talking leaving change atop a backboard height )

Jay drives, pounding his dribble into a high bounce near his head, the ball craddled by the curvature of fingers, hand, wrist and forearm all working in tandem ( as we often see Tim Hardaway do - or rather did ) and then with a wicked flick of the wrist. Crossover. Not only did you not see it coming, you never even saw it happen.

To that I gots to say...

Whoa.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
On that crossover, if it is the same one (the televised game on ESPN2) what was amazing is the fact that he shook the defender so bad, he had like 3-5ft of seperation and he was as stunned as the defender that he shook him that bad.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
MJ taking both hands and sticking the ball on the backboard after a Ron Mercer (I THINK MERCER?!) attempted lay up in the Bulls @ Wizards game...

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
MJ taking both hands and sticking the ball on the backboard after a Ron Mercer (I THINK MERCER?!) attempted lay up in the Bulls @ Wizards game...
Oh yeah, it was Mercer allright.

I'm not sure that play was completely legal, however. But it's MJ. I guess now we know how other teams felt when they played the Bulls back in the day...

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
It was legal. It was awesome. I was at the game and it was one of those moments when the crowd gets a little silent and then explodes. Everyone knew they just saw a great play that was going to last a long while on highlight reels.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Game 5 - Nets/Pacers. OT. I thought Reg was going to pull up for a jumper but he drove in and dunked on about 4 Nets players. That shocked the hell out of me. Reggie still has some fire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts