Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see how this guy appears at number 42 overall on NBAdraft.net's mock... If he does slip that far down I think we could be looking at another Carlos Boozer type of player stolen late in the draft. He has excellent agility and athleticism in the paint, and brings a tremendous amount of intesity to the floor, as well as having a well-rounded game, which would fit him very well in an NBA uniform.

·
Registered
423 Posts
He is a monster, my favourite player .He has to be 1st rounder.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
He is a very good player, but is a classic tweener. He is undersized for the PF position and is too big for SF. He is a combo forward that will likely find the NBA someday. The more I see him, the more I think Rodney Rogers.

He would be very foolish to declare for the draft this year. He should either stay at Mizzou or play pro in Europe.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
The more I see him, the more I think Rodney Rogers.
Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Rodney is an excellent 6th man, being able to bang down low, then step out and hit the 3. Ultimately, I think Kleiza could be a very solid back-up forward in the L.

·
Registered
423 Posts
He reminds me Charles Barkley, just Linas is even more aggressive.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macijauskas1</b>!
He reminds me Charles Barkley, just Linas is even more aggressive.
I dont know many players that were more aggressive than Charles Barkley was when he got that ball down on the low block or right outside the lane. So that may be saying something but its just hard to imagine him being more aggressive than Barkley

·
Registered
423 Posts
You don't have to imagine, jus watch next Missouri game.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Native of Kaunas, Lithuania ... Played high school basketball in Maryland at Montrose Christian ... One of the best players of his age group ... Has unbelievable skill at the offensive end both down low and on the perimeter ... At 6-8, has the skills and size to compete anywhere on the frontline ... Fundamentally, he is light years ahead of his peers ... Choose Missouri over North Carolina, Florida State and Virginia ... Played on the Lithuanian Junior National Team that took second place at the World Junior Championships in July of 2003 ... Led the tournament in scoring, averaging 29.1 points per game for eight contests ... Also averaged nine rebounds and made 58.4 percent of his shots from the field and 84 percent of his free throws at the Championships ... Posted 20.5 points and 12.2 rebounds per contest as a high school senior at Montrose Christian, the same school which produced future Tigers guard Jason Conley ... Named the Washington Post's High School Player of the Year ... Competed in the Michael Jordan Brand Capital Classic with top prospects from around the country and registered 16 points and 11 rebounds

His statistics in Missouri team as Freshman, he coul'd be named NCAA best freshman of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15346

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>macijauskas1</b>!
His statistics in Missouri team as Freshman, he coul'd be named NCAA best freshman of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15346
I think Luol Deng has that all wrapped up. Don't get me wrong about my posts. I think has a bright future, just not as bright as you think. Let's hope you are right and I am wrong.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jdg</b>!
I think Luol Deng has that all wrapped up. Don't get me wrong about my posts. I think has a bright future, just not as bright as you think. Let's hope you are right and I am wrong.
Don't forget about Humphries. Though on a mediocre team, Humphries is putting up huge numbers. I would vote for Deng, though, because he is a major part of the #1 team in the country.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.