Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys wanna hear something really funny, the lineup without kidd.. let's take a look shall we??

well the only guy you have who is really any thing better than average is richard jefferson.....

point guard// you got jacque vaughn.. atlanta trash.. he only played 18 min with atlanta thats terrible.....

shooting guard// never fear because rodney buford is here... haha well you guys got nothing here lucious harris aint gonna carry you...

small forward// your only bright light... richard jefferson yes is good.. but if teams start double teaming him there is no other option... he will have a tought time keeping similar numbers as last year...

power forward/center well jason collins and aaron williams both average for position so.... they will get the job done but nothing extra...

Dont worry tho you still have brian scalabrine and ron mercer if trouble get really bad.... hahah dont worry you guys will get a good 1st round pick the following year.. say hi to charlotte bobcats for me haha

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah

i forgot about eric williams.... but it aint like he gonna make that much of a difference common...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ppl think

ppl think new jersey is a playoff team but there not
they suck now or at least till december

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
PG - Jacque Vaughn...Zoran Planninic
SG - Ron Mercer...Rodney Buford...Lucious Harris
SF - Richard Jefferson...Eric Williams
PF - Aaron Williams...Brian Scalabrine
C - Jason Collins...Nenad Kristic

Yes judging by the main core of this team this coming season, the Nets will be only better than the Bobcats recordwise. The team is awful. However, for the greater good, these moves had to be made. Now if they can find a taker for Kidd's contract, they will be able to get into their rebuilding plan.

Being bad enough to pick up Martynas, Nemanja, Chris Taft or Petro will do them a world of good.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The Nets without JKidd looks awfully like the Magic of last season. One talented swingman (RJ - TMac) will have to lead a bunch of scrubs, except that RJ is not as good as TMac.

I am prepared to accept a 2-win a month dilemma.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
If you want to post about the Nets minus Kidd, that is fine. However, don't come in here to bait people
man,this is one civil forum..if that guy came into the Knick forum spewing nonsense,we would have ripped him a new one...

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
How hard can it be to get the 8th seed in the East? The answer for Nets is not looking at how well individual players can go And1 on opponents. The answer is team-style Hoosiers basketball, of the kind that worked so well in the Olympics.

Last season, when Kidd and K-Mart racked up a bunch of DNPs together, the Nets suffered an over-all drop-off and were undoubtedly a worse team for their absence, but their half-court offense actually picked up when Kidd and K-Mart were replaced by shooters (Rogers and Harris). Frank, meanwhile, implemented a system that took advantage and moved the ball around to those shooters. With the floor spread, RJ was able to do his thing in the half-court.

If the Nets try to match-up individually with the top teams, they'll be at a disadvantage. However, Collins, Scalabrine, Harris and RJ have played together long enough (a key quality missing in Team USA and an advantage for the top national teams), and they own the all-around skills best suited for spread-the-floor Hoosiers ball. Jumpshooting, ball movement, discipline, decision-making, screen-rolls and back-cuts. A-Train was worn out by the end of the season, so we'll have to see what he can do. Jabari Smith and Krstic, according to their scouting reports, should have the skills to fit into that style eventually. Everyone else will just need to do their best to find their roles.

Top of the East? Not likely. But with Frank at his coaching best and the Nets players buying into a Hoosiers game-plan that best uses their skills, they can still surprise.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!
How hard can it be to get the 8th seed in the East? The answer for Nets is not looking at how well individual players can go And1 on opponents. The answer is team-style Hoosiers basketball, of the kind that worked so well in the Olympics.

Last season, when Kidd and K-Mart racked up a bunch of DNPs together, the Nets suffered an over-all drop-off and were undoubtedly a worse team for their absence, but their half-court offense actually picked up when Kidd and K-Mart were replaced by shooters (Rogers and Harris). Frank, meanwhile, implemented a system that took advantage and moved the ball around to those shooters. With the floor spread, RJ was able to do his thing in the half-court.

If the Nets try to match-up individually with the top teams, they'll be at a disadvantage. However, Collins, Scalabrine, Harris and RJ have played together long enough (a key quality missing in Team USA and an advantage for the top national teams), and they own the all-around skills best suited for spread-the-floor Hoosiers ball. Jumpshooting, ball movement, discipline, decision-making, screen-rolls and back-cuts. A-Train was worn out by the end of the season, so we'll have to see what he can do. Jabari Smith and Krstic, according to their scouting reports, should have the skills to fit into that style eventually. Everyone else will just need to do their best to find their roles.

Top of the East? Not likely. But with Frank at his coaching best and the Nets players buying into a Hoosiers game-plan that best uses their skills, they can still surprise.
If you believe the Nets will make the playoffs, I have a bridge to sell you. Expect a poor season. You will be disappointed, if you expect the playoffs.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hong Kong Fooey</b>!
If you believe the Nets will make the playoffs, I have a bridge to sell you. Expect a poor season. You will be disappointed, if you expect the playoffs.
Depends on Kidd's health. If he's good to go by December, they have as good a shot at the Atlantic as anybody. They only have 1 division game in November, so they have plenty of opportunity to feed on the rest of their division after that.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!

Depends on Kidd's health. If he's good to go by December, they have as good a shot at the Atlantic as anybody. They only have 1 division game in November, so they have plenty of opportunity to feed on the rest of their division after that.
That's with the assumption that the Nets are better than the rest of the teams in the division w/o Kittles and K-Mart.

I also expect Kidd to be at least a little longer than December. I think they just wanted to try and set a target date for it. I just can't see how this team wins the Atlantic.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts

That's with the assumption that the Nets are better than the rest of the teams in the division w/o Kittles and K-Mart.

I also expect Kidd to be at least a little longer than December. I think they just wanted to try and set a target date for it. I just can't see how this team wins the Atlantic.
I also expect Kidd's return to be later, but I still hold some hope.

I just can't see how the Celtics, Sixers, Knicks or Raps win the Atlantic.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!

I also expect Kidd's return to be later, but I still hold some hope.

I just can't see how the Celtics, Sixers, Knicks or Raps win the Atlantic.
Well if the Nets aren't very good Schub, someone has got to take that division, even by default. :D

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts

Anything is possible. RJ may become the next Grant Hill and produce close to 25/8/7. Krstic may have a Gasol-like 17/9 year.
Planinic may become the next Brent Barry. Collins may even convert on more than half of his layups, oh wait....nevermind.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Markffd</b>!
you guys wanna hear something really funny, the lineup without kidd.. let's take a look shall we??

well the only guy you have who is really any thing better than average is richard jefferson.....

point guard// you got jacque vaughn.. atlanta trash.. he only played 18 min with atlanta thats terrible.....

shooting guard// never fear because rodney buford is here... haha well you guys got nothing here lucious harris aint gonna carry you...

small forward// your only bright light... richard jefferson yes is good.. but if teams start double teaming him there is no other option... he will have a tought time keeping similar numbers as last year...

power forward/center well jason collins and aaron williams both average for position so.... they will get the job done but nothing extra...

Dont worry tho you still have brian scalabrine and ron mercer if trouble get really bad.... hahah dont worry you guys will get a good 1st round pick the following year.. say hi to charlotte bobcats for me haha
I wish you could rate posters lower than 1

·
Banned
3,556 Posts
Yes they have a poor lineup, but considering the weakness of their division, they dont have a talent level so low that it cant be overcome with hardwork and coordination. Not saying it will necessarily happen, but it could.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts