Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Detroit Lions have parted ways with troubled wide receiver Titus Young.

Young, a second-round draft pick in 2011, has been disciplined multiple times in the past 12 months. Most recently, Young was told to stay away from the team facility because he intentionally lined up wrong in a Week 14 loss to the Green Bay Packers.

Young tweeted in January that he preferred to be released if the Lions weren't going to include him in their future plans.

After lashing out on Twitter earlier in January when he threatened to never play football again, Young directed more thoughts at the team about his unhappiness.

"Oh I'm not done, if y'all going to cut me let me go. I'm tired of the threats," Young tweeted.

Young shortly followed with a another tweet that stated: "Never needed the money Give me a dollar and a ball bet I come back #HallofFame"

Young has been sent home by the team on three different occasions -- once for punching teammate Louis Delmas during an offseason workout program, then twice for repeated insubordinate behavior.

Young denied intentionally lining up in the wrong spot against the Packers, but Lions coach Jim Schwartz deemed the receiver's behavior as "unacceptable."

Young had 33 catches this past season and 81 in 26 career games.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8914628/titus-young-released-detroit-lions

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Lions release receiver Titus Young

Not entirely surprising I suppose, the writing was certainly on the wall. He'll get picked up by somebody though, he's young and talented. Even though his head is full of rocks, this probably won't be the end of Titus Young. If he does this at the next stop though, he can kiss his NFL career goodbye.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

i doubt anyone takes a chance on him after the shit he pulled

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

He'll be a New York Jet next year guaranteed.
As a Jets fan and saying no one will take a shot on him next year....I kinda wouldnt mind if the Jets did. I mean he would be our #2 WR that counting Holmes if he is still around at start of the season

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts

Not surprising they released Rogers...er, Williams...er, Young, Sr.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts

i doubt anyone takes a chance on him after the shit he pulled
In the NFL you can be a murderer, kill a bunch of dogs, get a DUI, or be a complete selfish asshole and someone will still give you a second chance...possibly even a third.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts

Everyone who needs a receiver will look at him. If they really need him they'll sign. Then they'll put language in the contract that will say something like we'll suspend you by your testicles if you pull this shit on us. I'd make it so that his contract depended upon his behavior and his performance. Of course I don't know that he's really that good, especially if you don't play on an artificial surface.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts

I wouldn't want him on my team at this point, guy needs to get his priorities in order

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

He didn't even deny lining up wrong on purpose, in his twisted way he termed it "putting myself in a position to make a play". There have been a lot of NFL players with selfish attitudes, but I've never seen anybody as openly subversive.

It doesn't help his cause that by PFF's numbers he was one of the worst WR's in the league this year. If ever there was a player that deserved to be black balled it's him.

·
Premium Member
17,902 Posts
Re: Lions release receiver Titus Young; claimed by Rams

Well, I certainly didn't expect that.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Lions release receiver Titus Young; claimed by Rams

Wouldn't it be enjoyable to see Amendola go to the Pats and Welker go to the Rams?

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Rams cut Young.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts