Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Rider the only MAAC team that uses LiveStats for home games? Why don't more MAAC schools use it? It's a great way to follow a game.

·
Registered
319 Posts
RiderRaver said:
Is Rider the only MAAC team that uses LiveStats for home games? Why don't more MAAC schools use it? It's a great way to follow a game.
I wonder what it costs? Be a great way for the SID to post the Boxscore instantly though.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know but it is well worth the investment. In some ways, it is even better than listening to the game on radio because in some cases the announcers suck so bad that it can be difficult to enjoy the flow of the game. With the live data, you get a sense of not only how the game is moving but who is doing what. Is it instant gratification for data junkies like myself.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm with you RiderRaver. I love listening to my Boston Celtics games while following the game on the CBSsportsline Gamecenter. (I'm too cheap to buy the NBA Live Package!) It's a great way to follow the game. You feel like a coach on the bench being able to keep track of the statistical trends on the game and to question the coach's decisionmaking.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have to pay for that? Would be nice to offer livestates right on the athletic web site like Rider is doing.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
I worked for a colege and it's a pain to upload the stats after the game, college sports . com is a great help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts