Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2005/03/22/sections/sports/pro/article_452304.php

Dunleavy said he intends to insert Livingston into the starting lineup during the final 15 games. Dunleavy said his plan is for Livingston to accelerate his learning curve by playing for the Clippers' summer-league team. As has been case with the Clippers' past top draft picks, Livingston did not play on the summer-league team before his rookie season.
Looks like Livingston will become a starter for a couple or more games in the final stretch of this season. Good news, because he needs the experience.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
The jaric livingston backcourt has ridiculous potential. Not many teams in the league can stop a back court that goes 6'7 6'8". Not to mention that having two point guards out there leads to better and more fast breaks, better penetration, better all around play by everyone else.

Imagine this huge lineup:Kaman and rebraca up front, and they have played together before, with mikki moore at SF which he has played this year, and livingston and jaric in the back court. That would have to set some kind of record for tallest average height on the floor at one time. lol

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Oh by the way, it really SUCKS that the clippers summer league is giong to be in vegas. Now that i moved from oceanside to wilmington, right next to long beach i could have gone to a lot of games.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
yamaneko said:
The jaric livingston backcourt has ridiculous potential. Not many teams in the league can stop a back court that goes 6'7 6'8". Not to mention that having two point guards out there leads to better and more fast breaks, better penetration, better all around play by everyone else.

Imagine this huge lineup:Kaman and rebraca up front, and they have played together before, with mikki moore at SF which he has played this year, and livingston and jaric in the back court. That would have to set some kind of record for tallest average height on the floor at one time. lol

I loved how they kept roatating who takes point. It was confusing for portlands defense to keep with the rotation. And was resulting in giving Jaric and livingston more open looks of there own, plus better passing opportunity. Im telling you guys, Jaric has had a nice long injury free career until this season. For the most part, I think this year was a fluke.. I'd sign him for two reasons. One having him and livingston in the backcourt would be sick... And two.. Just in case either livingston or jaric get hurt, at least the other one is there to back them up. When Jaric returned they went 8-3, and the two of the three they lost towards the end was when Jaric was obvously hurt. Livingston and Jaric would be one hell of a backcourt.. We wouldnt have to suffer through anymore Chalmers play time... This season...

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Yep, ive said it a few times now, not only do i think that the clippers will only sign jaric and not simmons, but if they had a choice id go with jaric anyway. Simmons will be too expensive, possibly hindering us from getting the superstar we need. Simmons also is very one dimensional, solid, but only able to be one type of player. Jaric can be so many things for us. a 3 point shooter, a perimeter defender, a point guard, SG, SF, and hopefully he will come for cheap after his injury plauged season.

Next year id like to see a PG/SG/SF roster that includes allen or redd, jaric, livingston, brunson, Ross, Magette (unless hes traded). Then perhaps a developmental PG who has more upside than chalmers such as Tabuse, or someone in the draft.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
yamaneko said:
Yep, ive said it a few times now, not only do i think that the clippers will only sign jaric and not simmons, but if they had a choice id go with jaric anyway. Simmons will be too expensive, possibly hindering us from getting the superstar we need. Simmons also is very one dimensional, solid, but only able to be one type of player. Jaric can be so many things for us. a 3 point shooter, a perimeter defender, a point guard, SG, SF, and hopefully he will come for cheap after his injury plauged season.

Next year id like to see a PG/SG/SF roster that includes allen or redd, jaric, livingston, brunson, Ross, Magette (unless hes traded). Then perhaps a developmental PG who has more upside than chalmers such as Tabuse, or someone in the draft.

Although I agree with all of that, I believe Simmons will still be a clipper next year. His value has gone up a lot. In a personal level him and Brand are best friends off the court. He said a few times on ESPN about a month ago that he has already talked about his future with the Clippers next year, and he is positive he will still be around. I believe it its likely... Except...... I think that it will only be set in stone after the clippers are sure that whoever they are going to get to fill there void, will not cost to much that they couldnt get him from simmons.

I think in a way its gonna come down to how much, and who. Im tore, because I really respect Bobbys game. The only clipper to pay all the games thus far, and probably besides brand the second most consistant player on the team.. I hope maybe were over estimating his value.... Even though we probably arent, cause I really want to see him on the Clippers next year...

I'd be willing to bet money if he doesnt get signed by the Clippers, the Lakers will snag him up. Lakers are going to bought up Goerge and Vlade's contract, probably trade butler.... It would be a perfect fit for him to come aborad... And honestly he would help out there team greatly.

He's one of my favorite players in the league, I hope everything works out for him one way or the other.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
even with that will they be able to sign him with kobes contract and the 14-15 million going to grant, not to mention the other 10 guys they will have on the roster?

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
yamaneko said:
even with that will they be able to sign him with kobes contract and the 14-15 million going to grant, not to mention the other 10 guys they will have on the roster?

ITs a hard call, they free up vlade and diritos, thats 10 mill right there. Plus Luke walton, Tierrer brown, and Tony Bobbit are all free agents next season. And since they have seen very little play time, it might be reasonible that the lakers get rid of them. Im not sure of there salarys, but thats probably not much. But every little bit counts. I honestly doubt that Bobby going to be more than what the lakers will have to spare.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
As a Laker fan I think there is no reason for them to go after a small foward with the amount they already have on the team.

Odom
Butler
Jones
George
Walton

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
That is true. Unless we steal walton from you guys. :p

Lakers i think might go after rebraca more than simmons...

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Laker Freak said:
As a Laker fan I think there is no reason for them to go after a small foward with the amount they already have on the team.

Odom
Butler
Jones
George
Walton

Odom and Butler are trade bait next year. Odom wont be trade bait if Phil Jackson comes, if he doesnt he could be on the block. Butler definately is. Jones is a bench warmer, and walton already said he wants more play time and is probably going somewhere else. George is going to be gone through a buyout, and more than likely that will be the last you really hear of him... Thank god...

And bobby simmons in his natural role is much better than all of them and will probably be less money than Odom in the long run. Not to mention Bobby simmons is very consistant compared to any SF lakers have.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
yamaneko said:
That is true. Unless we steal walton from you guys. :p

Lakers i think might go after rebraca more than simmons...
I really like Rebraca. I dont think it would take much money to keep Rebraca a clipper either. He has been a very silent player, but has done very well for himself.

I'd say my order of who I'd go after is this:

1) Jaric... This offense without someone like Jaric will suffer. Jaric is young, full of room to grow and him and Livingston would light up the back court.
2) Bobby Simmons... Depends on the price, but the fact is he is very consistant. Probably the most consistant second to only Brand. Also the only clipper to play the entire season so far, and with the injury aspect this team has been dealing with that goes a long way brownie points wise.
3) Brunson... ONLY for the simply reason he makes a decent cheap backup. And lets face it with Livingston and Jaric we will need a backup from time to time at the very least, and you got to give Brunson credit for really stepping up his game, especally considering the guys like a fifth option point guard. I say sign him cause he wont cost much, and if he does... Well then scrap him.
4) Reberca... He has shown lots of talent, and even that he plays well under pressure. Ive liked him in the fourth lots this season. He probably wont cost much, although I could say lakers going after him. HE IS better than Chris Mihm. I know theres a lot of Mihm fans, but Mihm simply has poor baller IQ and has consistantly shown that he has no ability to keep out of foul trouble whatsoever. Tonights except of 6 fouls in 15 minutes... OUCH.
5) Miki Moore probably wont be here after this season. I like Miki Moore. He has a lot of spirit, and plays aggressive defense. The only way you see him after this season is if the clippers are unable to get a free agent superstar.
6) Kittles... Good bye waste of salary cap.
7) Kenny Anderson... Good bye waste of life...

These guys fate really just rests in the hands of the basketball gods.. IF clippers can sign someone worth MLE... Than good buy to most of em.. If they cant lots will return for maybe 2 year deals, or more.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I like the Livingston and Jaric backcourt idea as well. Two point guards are always nice to have together on the court, it's nice that they are both big too.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Not sure if the clippers can resign rebraca, unless he doesnt want a raise. Even when he was someone who hadnt played almost at all in a couple years, he had even bigger offers than the 3.5 million i believe that the clippers offered him. Now that he has shown that he can be a decent center at times, he could get offered more. I dont want to spend any more than 3 million on him if we still have wilcox next year. Wilcox will not get any time on the court if hes there, and if wilcox is playing instead of rebraca, its not a complete downgrade. Also wilcox is not as injury prone as rebraca. Hes suceeeded expectations this year though rebaraca has..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts