Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
What Smith already lost Kentucky recruiting to Pitino? He is already going out of state for his recruits? Get well soon Pitino.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
He's gonna turn out to be another Jamal Crawford and have all those questions about himself in the NBA.. err, if he gets there.. Nice pickup tho!

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>reisedogg</b>!
What Smith already lost Kentucky recruiting to Pitino? He is already going out of state for his recruits? Get well soon Pitino.
Crawford elimanted Louisville a long time ago (if he was even considering them). For some reason, Tubby has never been a big in-state recruiter, even before Rick Pitino got to Louisville. Don't know why, but that's just the way he does things. Pitino is also a guy who recruits out of state a lot. Tubby hasn't lost anything recruiting-wise to Pitino, even though Pitino is obviously clearly the better recruiter. Rajon was going to go to Louisville, but the whole Sebastian Telfair thing didn't go well with him. Pitino being sick has nothing to do with Crawford's decision or how well Tubby recruits. Remember, Tubby did recruit Rashaad Carruth, Jason Parker, Keith Bogans, and Tayshaun Prince, all of whom (except maybe Parker) were McD's All Americans, if I recall correctly. Tubby can recruit, but since Parker and Carruth were head cases, they had to go. Because of that, Bogans was the only highly recruited player on the team last year, but that didn't seem to matter, huh?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good!!! You can have him I am sick of hearing about him! He is only going to play two years at the most and leave!! Im sorry I would rather have a kid who would stay atleast 3. Another thing he commited to Michigan then changed his mind, I want players who are completely commited to their school.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>MGoBlue4</b>!
Good!!! You can have him I am sick of hearing about him! He is only going to play two years at the most and leave!! Im sorry I would rather have a kid who would stay atleast 3. Another thing he commited to Michigan then changed his mind, I want players who are completely commited to their school.
Didn't he commit to Michigan when he was a junior (I could be wrong, so correct me if I am). If so, then I honestly wouldn't be surprised that he de-commited. If he had commited to UK last year, I'd have been worried that he would withdraw his commitment. I don't like it when guys commit too early, simply because they've got a whole year to re-think their decision. Tubby already has guys that will be staying for at least 3 years. Joe is going to help us (A LOT) for the next 2 unless he decides to stay longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts