Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, OK, I Thought It Was Funny.....

.....Wilma (McNabb) welcomes almost anyone who asks to the family's skybox. During the Eagles' season-opening loss to Tampa Bay, Sean McNabb invited Rasheed Wallace of the Portland Trail Blazers. Though he's a Philadelphia native, Wallace is an avid Buccaneers fan.

The crowd in the McNabb box grew quieter and quieter as the Eagles got pounded - except for Wallace and his posse, who whooped at every play. That was when Wilma's fury got the better of her.

"I told Sean to round up those people, put them on that short bus, and send them home," she says. "From now on I have a rule: No enemies in the camp."

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
Sheed is a jerk, what is the point of making a spectacle of you hosts sons team getting spanked?
What if he got traded to Dallas and did that tomorrow night at the RG? :eek:

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Well if he were in Derek's moms suite he would be a mongoloide jerk. On the sidelines on Dallas' bench what else would he be expected to do.

It would earn him Boos evermore in Portland I bet.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>Blazer Ringbearer</b>!
Beat me to it MAS... maybe he was just being contrary for kicks?
Sheed? NAHHHHH! ;)

·
Player Salary Geek
4,380 Posts
by Schilly!

Sheed is a jerk, what is the point of making a spectacle of you hosts sons team getting spanked?
So you're saying that if Kobe's dad invited you to sit with him at a Laker/Blazer game, you wouldn't cheer for the Blazers? You wouldn't be excited if the Blazers were up big? You wouldn't stand and cheer if Qyntel threw down a tomahawk slam on a breakaway?

Now I don't know the details, but it doesn't sound to me like "whooping it up on every play" is going past the line. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't.

Mrs. McNabb was within her rights to have Sheed (and his posse) removed from the box. But it doesn't necessarily mean that what Sheed did was wrong - only that she got embarrassed and angry and frustrated.

This limited piece gives me no basis for being able to determine whether Sheed crossed the line or not.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!

.......This limited piece gives me no basis for being able to determine whether Sheed crossed the line or not.
....and I've formed no opinions regarding Michael Jackson's actions. :laugh:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I am pretty sure he was rooting for the Buccs because he has a true hatred for the Eagles..read that somewhere on his website a while ago.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Originally posted by <b>So Cal Blazer Fan</b>!

So you're saying that if Kobe's dad invited you to sit with him at a Laker/Blazer game, you wouldn't cheer for the Blazers? You wouldn't be excited if the Blazers were up big? You wouldn't stand and cheer if Qyntel threw down a tomahawk slam on a breakaway?

How about this If Kobes dad invited me to his skybox to watch the Lakers Vs' Suns I would at least have a bit of courtesy.

BTW I don't think it's all that big of a deal, just shows a sign of maturity of which none of us should be surprised about at this point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts