1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I kind of brings a tear to the eye thinking back to the momentum that he had going, and now he struggles to keep it for even 5 games.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only one reply? c'mon ppl, it's a REALLY REALLY REALLY good article

·
Registered
537 Posts
wow......great read.....im real emotional rite now:cry: .....as much as we dont want to admit at times....we LOVE Vince...and thats why we want him to do so well...i can honestly tell you this....without Vince ill put NBA aside and get along with my life....he brought me to NBA (i hated bball before he came into town.)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Reading this article really makes me wonder why people STILL knock Vince! Hello? The team in WINNING! That's what's important to Carter! He doesn't care about making a name for himself anymore. Two seasons of injury made him realize that he needed to be a leader and get his team into the playoffs. He knows that the Raptor fans have been patient enough with this team! He wants to repay the fans for their support by giving this team a playoff run!

Or maybe Vince is saving all the high-flying action for the playoffs so he can REALLY put on a show!

·
Registered
564 Posts
One of the best articles i have ever read on Vince Carter... your right we do love the guy..we want him to do well just because i think that he is a good person not just a good player.. some of the passages in teh article bothered me because they were true... this guy was on the verge of becoming one of the biggest sports stars of all time and two bad years and it through his life out of control.. the fnas were upset with his game... he didn;t dunk enough..he wasnt tough enough... he was pissed because of his knee problems... man you really feel for a guy like that.

And his game has changed alot over the past couple months... i can see that he is trying to get his temates involved more just at times i think he needs to grasp that he needs to lead by example sometimes and be a biut more selfish because he teamates will follow. But all in all i think that Vince is hitting a slump right now due to a bit of conditioning...

I realized this as i was reading his stats last night... we are about 40 games into the season right now... and he has missed almost 70 games over the last two seasons... that is half of a season of basketball over a 2 year period... he has played half of a season i think his body and his legs just need to addapt to the season again... i believe that is why his shot looks a bit flat.

But that is just my opinion... I hope he can try and drive the lane more and more because it sets the offence up and it runs smoother especially since his jump shot isn;t falling right now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts