Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little while ago, I tallied up the number of free throws taken by each team and found that the Kings actually took more free throws in the series:
WCF02 Lakers Kings
Game 1 22 17
Game 2 25 38
Game 3 15 35
Game 4 27 26
Game 5 23 33
Game 6 40 25
Game 7 33 30
Total 185 204

The only game really in favor of the Lakers is Game 6, There are quite a few games that seem to be in favor of the Kings, and a few fair ones. The total free throw count favored the Kings. Now for the new information. I tallied up the number of personal fouls:
WCF02 Lakers Kings
Game 1 20 25
Game 2 31 25
Game 3 28 19
Game 4 24 23
Game 5 27 20
Game 6 24 31
Game 7 25 30
Total 179 173
I don't think it's too unfair. But it's obviously not in favor of the Lakers (The Lakers were charged with more fouls, so how could it be in favor of them?!).

Anyways, my point is that the only game that could show the possibility of referees toward the Lakers is game 6, while the Kings have had MORE than one game in which it seems to be in favor of them, and other games are more even. I am not necessarily saying the refs helped anyone. I'm just saying it's very foolish to say the refs helped the Lakers! It's obvious from those numbers that they did not. Maybe people like Ralph Nater should do a little math before complaining. Please feel free to state your thinking but I don't want to fight alot about this...
:yes:

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
This is not a very good point. Just because the refs called more fouls on the lakers is no proof the refs favored the Kings. Maybe the Lakers were more physical and therefore were called for more fouls?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so if the Lakers commited more fouls why are Kings fans complaining about the refs?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Ken. Go Lakers!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I'm really getting sick of this. Stop talking about the officiating, g-dog-rice. You have no business telling Kings fans they can't let the series go when YOU create threads like this. I don't want to hear any more about how the Kings can't let go of the WCF this year; this thread was made by a Laker fan.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Wiggum makes an excellent point. If you don't want to hear about how the Lakers didn't deserve the championship, then please stop trying to prove it. Guess what? They won. All arguments from that point on are not going to change it.

Ignore those types of comments and they will slowly disappear. We already know what happened and all of the stories aren't going to change one FACT... the Lakers won. Let these other arguments go the way of extinction.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the Lakers won so why don't the Kings fans stop complaining?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
No one was complaining. You my friend were the one that started the thread. If they are complaining elsewhere then respond with your numbers/facts in that thread. It's not that hard to figure out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The reason I started this thread was to make Kings fans stop complaining.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>harper time</b>!
The reason I started this thread was to make Kings fans stop complaining.
Wow...you really don't get it, do you?

YOU started this thread. If you find someone saying that the series was officiated poorly, THEN you can offer those statistics to open a debate with that person. You can't just assume "Kings fans are complaining, so I'll shut them up."

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Enough !

Harper re-read my post and you'll see what I meant. If you still don't get it, PM me. If you can tell me why this thread should stay open, I will reopen it. In the mean time this thread will do nothing but bait Kingsfans into a flamewar IMO.

Closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.