Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
``My best guess would be that he's lost in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 pounds,'' O'Brien said. ``He's watching his diet. (Personal trainer) Tim Glover has given him a dos and don'ts list, and I guess he's following it.

``It's not the first time that he's heard about nutrition - all of our guys are given the information - but it's nice to see.

``I've never been discouraged by Antoine - that's something that comes up with all of you guys (in the media) - but if he feels that he needs to be lighter, then I think it's great,'' he said. ``A leaner athlete is always a better athlete.''

As much as Walker trade rumors circulated off the golf course (reports summarily debunked by Ainge), O'Brien said the talk never came up between him and Walker.

``I was with him for two days and the subject never came up,'' said O'Brien. ``But then Antoine knows how I feel about him. There is nothing going on. He also knows what the rumor mill is all about. He's still a Boston Celtic, and I think he is going to be a Boston Celtic for a long, long time.''
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Antoine losing 15-20 pounds is great. He should be alot quicker now that he has lost some of that weight. Now he can be more of a force inside because he will have some of that low post quickness back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>BleedGreen</b>!
Antoine losing 15-20 pounds is great. He should be alot quicker now that he has lost some of that weight. Now he can be more of a force inside because he will have some of that low post quickness back.






:rbanana: :banana: :vbanana: :bbanana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>BleedGreen</b>!


No its goes like this:

:gbanana: :wbanana: :gbanana: :wbanana: :gbanana:

;)






or


:wbanana: :gbanana: :wbanana: :gbanana:


;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,260 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BleedGreen</b>!
Antoine losing 15-20 pounds is great. He should be alot quicker now that he has lost some of that weight. Now he can be more of a force inside because he will have some of that low post quickness back.
That puts him at about 6-9 and 230 pounds. That's not very big for a powerforward. Antoine shouldn't have been losing weight, he should have been looking to change the weight he had, shedding the fat and making it muscle. This is definately a step in the right direction, but I personally was hoping that he'd come back with a Karl Malone body and create a dominating post presence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!


That puts him at about 6-9 and 230 pounds. That's not very big for a powerforward. Antoine shouldn't have been losing weight, he should have been looking to change the weight he had, shedding the fat and making it muscle. This is definately a step in the right direction, but I personally was hoping that he'd come back with a Karl Malone body and create a dominating post presence.






Or are we Looking for him to pLay SF, Battie @ PF and Baker or BLount @ C?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,260 Posts
Originally posted by <b>CeLtZ in 04</b>!

Or are we Looking for him to pLay SF, Battie @ PF and Baker or BLount @ C?
That could be, but when we wouldn't have a good PF. Also, there appears to be a commitment to Kedrick Brown. And on top of that, it would make the C's rely more and more on Vin Baker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!


That could be, but when we wouldn't have a good PF. Also, there appears to be a commitment to Kedrick Brown. And on top of that, it would make the C's rely more and more on Vin Baker.






True, Battie wouLdn't be a high cLass PF, and Brown is supposed to possibLy make a run @ the starting SF spot...And reLying on Baker as we aLL know is a bad idea...I dunno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
Kenyon Martin is 6-9 230 and he had no trouble playing the 4 at that size. Of course Martin is a better leaper and is stronger than Antoine (although his hands and ballhandling skills are not nearly as good as Antoine's).

It's nice to hear that Walker is in shape, but the real issue in my mind is cutting down on his minutes. He needs at least 12-15 minutes of rest every game. He will run out of gas if they insist on playing him 42 minutes a night. That's what happenend last year.

It would also help to give him some time at the 3, so that he is not constantly banging with bigger players. I think he is quick and smart enough to handle most defensive matchups at the 3, although there are exceptions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Kenyon Martin is 6-9 230 and he had no trouble playing the 4 at that size. Of course Martin is a better leaper and is stronger than Antoine (although his hands and ballhandling skills are not nearly as good as Antoine's).

It's nice to hear that Walker is in shape, but the real issue in my mind is cutting down on his minutes. He needs at least 12-15 minutes of rest every game. He will run out of gas if they insist on playing him 42 minutes a night. That's what happenend last year.

It would also help to give him some time at the 3, so that he is not constantly banging with bigger players. I think he is quick and smart enough to handle most defensive matchups at the 3, although there are exceptions.






:djparty: :lucky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
I cant see Walker playing the 3 at all! Its like asking the opposing team to go at him making him foul prone and out of the game quick!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
I think its a little more than 230. I'm sure he added some extra weight last season when he had the knee injury. Not like he did nothing but eat, more like he didnt do as much running and working out when he was hurt.

You cant expact a Karl Malone type body or anything near it. It takes years to get like that. But I'm sure he is working on getting stronger too. But its great to see he is working hard. He still has alot of time to get in better shape.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,260 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BleedGreen</b>!
I think its a little more than 230. I'm sure he added some extra weight last season when he had the knee injury. Not like he did nothing but eat, more like he didnt do as much running and working out when he was hurt.

You cant expact a Karl Malone type body or anything near it. It takes years to get like that. But I'm sure he is working on getting stronger too. But its great to see he is working hard. He still has alot of time to get in better shape.
It takes years to get that kind of a body when you're a weakling like me, but Antoine has been working on it for a while. Just looking at him, even last season when he wasn't looking very Malone-esque, you could still tell that he had a lot of muscle. I don't think he's that far off. Either way though, progress is a good thing. Hopefully, he'll be a lot more explosive this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
Walker does have some muscle, but Malone is HUGE. I dont think he can get to where Malone is any time soon but I'm sure hes working on that. Progress is a good thing and he should be quicker and more explosive now that he's dropped some pounds.

OB said he looked 15-20 pounds lighter, not that he was.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Having seen Antoine play in person last season I can tell you he doesn't look the least bit fat, chubby or over weight in person.
(Before he lost the weight)
From what I have been told Antoine is on a mission to prove Danny Ainge wrong. In the end I am afraid it won't matter where Ainge is concerned.:no:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
Kenyon Martin is 6-9 230 and he had no trouble playing the 4 at that size. Of course Martin is a better leaper and is stronger than Antoine (although his hands and ballhandling skills are not nearly as good as Antoine's).

It's nice to hear that Walker is in shape, but the real issue in my mind is cutting down on his minutes. He needs at least 12-15 minutes of rest every game. He will run out of gas if they insist on playing him 42 minutes a night. That's what happenend last year.

It would also help to give him some time at the 3, so that he is not constantly banging with bigger players. I think he is quick and smart enough to handle most defensive matchups at the 3, although there are exceptions.

You and I think alike on this matter. Obie not only plays Walker too many minutes(which is why Kedrick never gets PT) - he plays Paul too many minutes.

Seriously, look at how they both were worn down this year. Paul had even worse 3 point shooting than Walker, didn't he?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThereisnoIinteam3</b>!
Having seen Antoine play in person last season I can tell you he doesn't look the least bit fat, chubby or over weight in person.
(Before he lost the weight)
From what I have been told Antoine is on a mission to prove Danny Ainge wrong. In the end I am afraid it won't matter where Ainge is concerned.:no:
I really think Ainge is too smart when it comes to moving Walker. Ainge is just doing enough to ensure that Walker comes to camp in shape. He won't trade him - UNLESS he were to get at least as much in return.

VIN BAKER was not a good trade and Ainge is not going to be THAT stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheRifleman</b>!


I really think Ainge is too smart when it comes to moving Walker. Ainge is just doing enough to ensure that Walker comes to camp in shape. He won't trade him - UNLESS he were to get at least as much in return.

VIN BAKER was not a good trade and Ainge is not going to be THAT stupid.
Trust me. He is that stupid. Antoine isn't gone because the best offer he could get was Latrell Sprewell. This will change next year.

Especially considering that Antoine is out to prove Ainge wrong.
Either way Ainge wins. He wants him gone. If Antoine doesn't come back in shape he has a "reason" If he does he is a greater trade bait.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top