Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...over on TNT right now.
2 points 1 assist 8 rebounds (has one nice stat at least) 0-8 FG's 2-5 FT's

Pacers killing the Cavs, score 41-24 right before the half.

Now it's not like I'm just doing this to show Lebron is having a bad game...everyone has a bad game from time to time. Especially when they have a premiere defender in the league gaurding them. What this is showing me is that Lebron can't help his team win without having a good offensive game. He's been completely taken out of every facet of this game by Ron Artest.

This is not a player that's better than Michael Jordan.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
its 41-30.

nobody said he is better than michael jordan, he has only been compared to michael jordan and i think it is correct to do so. What he did last year was incredible and what is he now, 20 years old?

its not just lebron having a bad game, hughes is 1 for 5, marshall is 0 for 5.. the team is shooting .250

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fruitcake said:
its 41-30.

nobody said he is better than michael jordan, he has only been compared to michael jordan and i think it is correct to do so. What he did last year was incredible and what is he now, 20 years old?

its not just lebron having a bad game, hughes is 1 for 5, marshall is 0 for 5.. the team is shooting .250
I can name 3 posters that said he is better than Michael Jordan. I can understand comparison too...

But like I said, if Lebron has a bad game then the entire team has a bad game.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
even tho lebron isnt as good as jordan, hes arguably the best sf/sg in the league now or very soon.
lebron wont be jordan as far as winning goes.
hey, jordan had bad games too u know.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
I can name 3 posters that said he is better than Michael Jordan. I can understand comparison too...
ahh those posters are ridiculous. there are some vince fans here who would say Vince is the best SG in the league...

anybody who has watched michael jordan play before he retired should understand that he is and will always be the best player to play in the NBA (well in the forseeable future at least)

Today, lebron is probably the best player that can be compared to michael jordan, and one day he may be even as good as michael jordan but he won't be better than michael jordan until he wins 6 championships, 6 finals mvps and wins the mvp award 5 times.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
and your thread title is very misleading

In no way is Lebron James the greatest player in the history of the NBA.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
So because the whole team is shooting badly its Lebrons fault? The Pacers are one of the best defensive teams in the league, and are all in all a much better team than the Cavs. Lebron can have off nights. Artest has said James is the hardest guy for him to guard in the league, thats saying something, comming from the best defender playing the game right now.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fruitcake said:
Today, lebron is probably the best player that can be compared to michael jordan, and one day he may be even as good as michael jordan but he won't be better than michael jordan until he wins 6 championships, 6 finals mvps and wins the mvp award 5 times.
And can make everyone around him better ;)
fruitcake said:
and your thread title is very misleading

In no way is Lebron James the greatest player in the history of the NBA.
It was meant to be that way, I was being sarcastic.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
And can make everyone around him better ;)
He does make everyone around him better. The same thing can be said for Kidd. When the Nets have an off night, should I make a thread blasting him, saying similar things?

This is a very stupid thread.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
R-Star said:
He does make everyone around him better. The same thing can be said for Kidd. When the Nets have an off night, should I make a thread blasting, saying similar things?

This is a very stupid thread.
*sigh*

The point is that this happens very often with Lebron James. When he has a bad game so does the rest of the team and they lose. Kidd can shoot 0-9 and still lead his team to a victory. Lebron can't do that.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
*sigh*

The point is that this happens very often with Lebron James. When he has a bad game so does the rest of the team and they lose. Kidd can shoot 0-9 and still lead his team to a victory. Lebron can't do that.
Not to bait, but if thats the case, why are the Nets underachieving this year then?

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
*sigh*

uh, wat proof do u hav?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts