Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Nevada game, Wagner and Holy Cross come to town.

Wagner beat American U 75-59, and American beat us last year. It was a game we probably should have won, but didn't. Wagner also has a bunch of kids from the South Jersey region on their roster, so you know they are going to be tough.

Holy Cross got beat up pretty good by Harvard, but also beat William & Mary (who blew out Maine) convincingly and High Point (who also beat Maine).

I'd obviously like to get both of these on our home court, but these aren't weak basketball teams by any stretch- don't let the names fool you.

How does everyone else feel?

·
Registered
719 Posts
UAlbany knows how tenacious Wagner can be. We lost an early-season game against them, despite holding a 13-point lead in the second half in a low-scoring game. That team came on like gangbusters in the final minutes to defeat us by 2.

I don't overlook anybody any more, except Sacred Heart. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
UVM Hoop Cat said:
After the Nevada game, Wagner and Holy Cross come to town.

Wagner beat American U 75-59, and American beat us last year. It was a game we probably should have won, but didn't. Wagner also has a bunch of kids from the South Jersey region on their roster, so you know they are going to be tough.
Wagner isn't going to be easy. Maybe Ace has more info to give on them? Beating AU by so much is an indication of a decent team as long as Ingram was playing. I looked at Wagner's roster and it is quite small, one 6'9" and then the rest are 6'5"-6'6" or smaller.

Holy Cross is almost always good lately but according to ginzo Harvard sucks so therefor Holy Cross must suck. Hopefully they suck worse then UVM and we can pull it out.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
icemchine9 said:
yea...that Holy Cross game is really going to suck.
Are you honestly arguing with my assesment that the Harvard UVM basketball game was awful from a basketball perspective? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy... it did suck. get over it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How is UVM at home, atmosphere wise? Do you guys pack in the gym? I saw UVM play last year on ESPN2 and it looked like a good time.

·
Premium Member
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iona beat #23 Iowa State last night, 89-72.

Iowa State is lead by two great guards, East Boston's own Will Blaylock and Curtis Stinson.

Wow. Looks like Iona iplayed to their potential.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
UVM Hoop Cat said:
Iona beat #23 Iowa State last night, 89-72.

Iowa State is lead by two great guards, East Boston's own Will Blaylock and Curtis Stinson.

Wow. Looks like Iona iplayed to their potential.
ugh, we play them on the road next week.

·
Registered
245 Posts
hoopcat said:
ugh, we play them on the road next week.
There is not much of a home court advantage at Iona's Mulcahy Center. They don't really fill it up very often (although they did when Ruland was a player and Valvano was coaching), but maybe they will after that big win. The team, however, has been getting lots of good press down here in NY, lots of seniors and lots of talent.

I'll be there on Sunday. I'm interested in seeing UVM's Connecticut connection. I'm guessing there will be some Green and Gold down there what with the Fairfield county freshmen and Ryan Schneider from Lakeland H.S.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
UAlbany09 said:
How is UVM at home, atmosphere wise? Do you guys pack in the gym? I saw UVM play last year on ESPN2 and it looked like a good time.
The atmosphere is unbelievable!!
We do pack the gym, in other posts, attendance for the wagner game was 2620, and that's a rebuilding year.
I believe it will be sell out again by mid-season.
We really need a bigger arena.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm thinking of coming up there to watch UAlbany play on Jan. 18th (I think that's when they play). Hopefully UA is rolling by then.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts