Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Statistically (which doesn't always tell the story), Crawford has been the one of the 3 C's that has improved the most from last season.

His assists are up, his points are up. He is the one of the 3 C's whose performance this season most closely mirrors their performance in the second half of last season. His shooting % is down, but that's because his the focus of the defense being the No.1 option of offense. Last season, particularly in the second half, he had Curry dominating inside and Rose being the focus of the defense on the perimeter. Plus JWill started heating up late in the season.

In addition, under Skiles, his defensive and defensive application has improved, and he seems to be taking it to the basket more.

He is also playing a new position, something that is harder to learn than some people realize.

You wouldn't know this improvement based on same of the criticism he has gotten this season.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Yeah but its the way of the Bulls and that's what makes this organisation so great

You harrangue your players until they are outpsyched and broken down like busted arses ( its all very zen ) and then you wait until they are on the verge of stardom and being a real contributor in the league ( see Brad Miller and Ron Artest ) and then.... well you invent stupid reasons to trade them

I think if we're going to be a farm team we should relocate the franchise to Iowa - be kind of symbolic of our hick thinking as an organisation with the decision making process being made out of god fearing ignorance and fear

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
Yeah but its the way of the Bulls and that's what makes this organisation so great

You harrangue your players until they are outpsyched and broken down like busted arses ( its all very zen ) and then you wait until they are on the verge of stardom and being a real contributor in the league ( see Brad Miller and Ron Artest ) and then.... well you invent stupid reasons to trade them

I think if we're going to be a farm team we should relocate the franchise to Iowa - be kind of symbolic of our hick thinking as an organisation with the decision making process being made out of god fearing ignorance and fear
Who will be our next Jalen Rose? :confused:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

Lamond Murray??

Y'know he was pissed when he was in Cleveland that fans couldn't walk into the Gund Arena and buy his jersey?

Much maligned player

Jim Pax really screwed the pooch there !

Maybe lil brother can make it right and remove the slur on the venerable name of Paxson for this disservice to the Rod Tidwell of the NBA.

Show him the money ?

Bah!

Just show him his jersey in the stadium shop

He's a simple man .. trade for him and let him play out his days in peace and satisfaction.. he's earned that right, the great man

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

The same will happen with Crawford. He'll go somewhere else and star, especially if he is the 2nd/3rd or 4th option on offense. It's obvious Paxson doesn't want to pay him the big dollars, which is fair enough. A deal starting at $6m is the max I would offer, but it seems the Clips, Cleveland or Denver have the cash to go higher, and Paxson thinks he will be out priced, hence the rumors Crawford will be gone soon. I think he is just too talented a player (even for all his weaknesses) to give up for free or trade for junk.

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!

For whatever reason, I have a strong feeling it will be Eddie Jones.

Jamal/Fizer/ERob for Eddie Jones? Does that work salary-wise? If so, that's my official guess for next Jalen Rose-ish trade. And if it happens, I will vomit vehemently (which is also a great 80s rock band, I believe).

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by <b>PC Load Letter</b>!

For whatever reason, I have a strong feeling it will be Eddie Jones.

Jamal/Fizer/ERob for Eddie Jones? Does that work salary-wise? If so, that's my official guess for next Jalen Rose-ish trade. And if it happens, I will vomit vehemently (which is also a great 80s rock band, I believe).
If that happened, I think I would follow another team. AD for Eddie Jones is OK. Jones would help, but his contract is a killer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts