Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I need suggestions on a possibly new car for me. I am planning to get rid of my 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It has very high mileage, and the most I could get is $4,000, and I have about $6,000 for a down payment. I am looking to get a car no higher than $24,000. I also want a car with very good gas mileage. I drive 30 miles every day. I get about 18 miles per gallon on my Jeep, so I fill up every 4 days. I could stretch to 5, but the damn A/C. It is hot in KC.

Here are my parameters
1-No higher than $24,000
2-Good gas mileage
3-Not a grandpa/grandma car
4-Front wear drive
5-Prefer v6, but I am willing to get an I4
and so forth

Here are cars I am looking at. The order is what is most likly I will get until whatever.

1-Honda Accord
2-Honda Civic EX
3-Acura RSX
4-Toyota Camary
5-Nissan Maxima
6-Infinti G20
7-Kia Optima
8-Mazda 626
9-Toyota Celica
10-Ford Focus

Those are the top 10 that I am looking at. Please give me some pros and cons on them. Any other cars you would recommend. Only serious replys

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta
i heard that you can get a brand new ford focus for $12,000 if that helps...

Yeah I know, but I kind of want to get a foreign car. I put Focus on list b/c it is a possiblity. If I do that, I can try to squeeze 2 grand from parents since I have 10g's as down payment. The top 5 is what I really am looking at Thanks though.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Here's the Chevrolet Cavalier (about $15,000)...

If you're looking for something fancier, here's the Chevrolet Camaro (about $19,000)...

The Honda Insight (about $19,000)...

And here's the Chrysler Sebring LX (about $19,000)...

Hope this helps, if you want to look at different cars, just go to www.CARS.com.:D

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a 99 Toyota Camry and it is a beautiful car to drive. No complaints at all. Great re-sale value if you ever get rid of it, great mileage.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with a Camry... but then again I am 30 in 4 days and my taste might differ a little.

One thing to remember though. Always get a red car. They go faster

·
Registered
553 Posts

and they look better too. :D
Oh, you're talking about red cars. I thought that you were talking about 30 year olds, giving me something to look forward to.

Now though... I guess I'll just sit here and continue my age-induced depression.

Four days and counting :(

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
are you about to hit the 3-0 or something?

if it makes you feel any better, i feel kinda old because i hit the 2-0 this year. wait.....i don't know if that'll make you feel any better...:sigh:

·
Registered
553 Posts
are you about to hit the 3-0 or something?

if it makes you feel any better, i feel kinda old because i hit the 2-0 this year. wait.....i don't know if that'll make you feel any better...:sigh:
You... you... you... young people with your veiled insults at us old timers!!! One day you'll feel for me.

Remember that old women were young once too.

Enjoy it whilst you've got it Bizzy... and enjoy it often

Cheers
Brett

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If you get anything other than Honda accord or Toyota Camry, you're doing injustice to yourself. Smartest thing you said was that you want a Jap. IMO. You can even get a Honda Accord V6 EX for that price. It's loaded with all the options as standard including leather, moonroof, power evrything.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. X
Here's the Chevrolet Cavalier (about $15,000)...

If you're looking for something fancier, here's the Chevrolet Camaro (about $19,000)...

The Honda Insight (about $19,000)...

And here's the Chrysler Sebring LX (about $19,000)...

Hope this helps, if you want to look at different cars, just go to www.CARS.com.:D
lol at X, got a driver's licence?

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for you help everyone. I am more leaning towards a Japenese car. Either a Honda or a Toyota. My car I really want if I can get a used one or more for a down payment is an Acura 3.2CL Type s They are based at 26,000. I just love Acuras My dad has a 3.2TL and my mom has2.5TL. They are great. I driven the RSX and 3.2RL they are nice cars.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by Penny Hardaway

lol at X, got a driver's licence?
Suppose you think that you're funny.:laugh: No.

Hey Penny, got a brain?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts