Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point in the season, I've stopped caring how the team was constructed and what Frank could do better. The Nets are what they are and I see them as an ECF team. Who's with me?

There is a high likelihood that my positive outlook is a direct result of Zoran getting playing time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,167 Posts
cpawfan said:
At this point in the season, I've stopped caring how the team was constructed and what Frank could do better. The Nets are what they are and I see them as an ECF team. Who's with me?

There is a high likelihood that my positive outlook is a direct result of Zoran getting playing time
If they keep playing like they have [getting progressively better during this stretch, it must be noted], I completely agree. They are what they are and they are pretty damn good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
AMEN brother. It may be a hard road to get there. This is how i see things turning out:

FIRST ROUND OPPONENT: Washington

Series: 4-2 Nets

We will have to shut down arenas, which we will do. In the two losses, Gil will most likely torch us. These two losses will come at Washington. This should not be the rough team we face. Thankfully it is not Indiana.

SECOND ROUND OPPENENT: Miami

Series: 4-3 Nets

We play Miami very well this season. Vince, a monster against Miami, will do the same, scoring and slashing like he usually does. We should win this one, but it will be close.

ECF OPPONENT: Detroit

Series: 4-1 Detroit

Sorry to say this is where it comes to an end. Detroit is too well constructed and are much more balanced. I cannot say we can beat them in a series, hopefully they prove me wrong
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,222 Posts
If they can find a way to beat the Heat in a 7-game series, yes. For that to happen the Nets are going to have to play their absolute best basketball without any letups.
 

·
Nets Fan
Joined
·
10,424 Posts
If we can get to the ECF by taking out Cleveland and Miami in the 1st and 2nd that would make my year. No way we get past Detroit though, unless Krstic somehow reaches his peak potential between now and the playoffs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
If we can get to the ECF by taking out Cleveland and Miami in the 1st and 2nd that would make my year. No way we get past Detroit though, unless Krstic somehow reaches his peak potential between now and the playoffs.
I am so not scared of Detroit. Kidd and VC neutralize Billups and Rip and RJ simply owns Prince. Detroit's frontline does not score to take adavantage of our week frontline so if Nenad has a good series...I think we take them 4-2.
 

·
Nets Fan
Joined
·
10,424 Posts
rundmc00 said:
I am so not scared of Detroit. Kidd and VC neutralize Billups and Rip and RJ simply owns Prince. Detroit's frontline does not score to take adavantage of our week frontline so if Nenad has a good series...I think we take them 4-2.
Guy that is way off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,120 Posts
cpawfan said:
At this point in the season, I've stopped caring how the team was constructed and what Frank could do better. The Nets are what they are and I see them as an ECF team. Who's with me?

There is a high likelihood that my positive outlook is a direct result of Zoran getting playing time
Not impossible, but not likely, IMO.

I do look forward to an entertaining playoff run in which I expect the team to be firing on all cylinders as long as our top 4 players are healthy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
The NETS don't have the horses down low (read: PF) to get past MIA. MIA was toying with them in the regular season. MIA will be physical in the playoffs with Shaq, Haslem and Walker. Wade offsets Carter. A Riley coached team in the playoffs will nearly sweep the NETS again. They'll never see DET. Sorry to say, but this is true until the NETS get a legitimate PF and some quality PF/C depth.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,605 Posts
It's possible. We match up with Miami much better this year than we did last year (Thanks Pat!) but getting out of the first round is no given. Even though we just beat Washington in Washington, they would still be a tough matchup. Indiana with Jermaine would be a tough matchup and we better pray that Philly doesn't get on a hot streak and take the 6th seed. Iverson scares me to death.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
NBASCOUT2005 said:
The NETS don't have the horses down low (read: PF) to get past MIA. MIA was toying with them in the regular season. MIA will be physical in the playoffs with Shaq, Haslem and Walker. Wade offsets Carter. A Riley coached team in the playoffs will nearly sweep the NETS again. They'll never see DET. Sorry to say, but this is true until the NETS get a legitimate PF and some quality PF/C depth.
Haslem at 6'8 should give us the luxury of playing 6'7 RJ at PF. As for Antoine, he'll continue jacking up 3's and hoping to get the long rebound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Definitely with you man. The team is fun to watch, all the players look comfortable, Nenad has given us that low post threat. Recently on SI.com other nba scouts actually acknowledged that he is great from 15 feet and in. Nenad and Zoran are our two X factors. If they both play at the top of their games I really don't see why we can't make a strong run in the playoffs. We have 4 guys on this team that can drive and finish in Zoran, Vince, JKidd and RJ. Nearly everyone on our team can hit the mid range jumper and we have several long range threats. In the playoffs the lane is usually shut down, shooting is key. We have a lot of shooters and penetrators. Our defense has been pretty solid as of late, let's hope they can keep it up because we are missing that all important shot blocking big that would stand up to the Shaqs and Sheed's of the world. As of now that's really our only weakness and it has been masked very well so far because our last few games we haven't seen a dominant big man that plays in the paint. Let's see what goes on with KG and Amare this week.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top