Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy looks terrible. How did he get drafted number 10, yet Casey is better by far.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
You can't tell if someone is a bust from Summer League. Has he even played in the SL yet? I haven't seen his numbers on the Heat's stat sheet.:no:

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Hes missed 2 weeks cuz of REALLY SORE hamstrings,wait till he shakes off the rust!:yes:

benfica = HATER:mad:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Saying Caron Butler or anyone from the last draft is a bust before training camp, exhibitions, regular season, etc. is as uniformed as uninformed can be.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Talk about jumping the gun. Give the guy a break and to learn a system. Let him work his way into the offence and then judge him. Geez, judging by your system, three quarters of the NBA would be total busts based on their pre-season form

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Caron Butler- Totals from 2 summer league games

5-15 FG
1-2 3pt. FG
7 rebs
7 asts
6 stls
11 pts
63 mins

Not terrible, but not the numbers you would expect from one of the top ROY candidates.....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Isn't it funny

how many narrow-minded people label a rookie or 2nd year player who jumped to the NBA straight from H.S. and they call the player a bust if he isn't an all-star after 2 years! And then, usually the same person jumps on that same players jock when they do start to produce... and they proclaim all along that "they knew" he was gonna be the next Kobe, or Shaq, etc. etc.

A good example is Mike Bibby - before this year nobody was talking about him as one of the top pg's.... now there are an awful lot of people acting like experts about how great he is, and how THEY KNEW he was gonna be good.
Yeah, sure you did....
:uhoh:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Part of the Mike Bibby thing was exposure.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
easy...Butler is far from a bust. This is the kind of thinking that had people calling Kobe garbage after those 2 airballs at the end of the playoff games back in his rookie(or 2nd)year. Plus, you rae killing the guy after 2 whole Summer Leage games?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Dee Bo

part of the Bibby thing was his exposure IF the only criteria you use to form an opinion about a player is IF you see him perform well in a big game or series on tv. Just like forming an opinion about a player like Butler IF your only exposure to him is what you see as his box score in his first SUMMER LEAGUE games!

Too many posters go way overboard saying this player is a bust after one bad game, or this player is the next Jordan after one good rookie game. They have been exposed to a very limited view of the player and they then make major statements about what they think they saw.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Stuff like that happens, players always struggle when introduced to a new atmosphere. I don't think any less of him, the summer league isn't somewhere you can get accurate information about a player from.

·
Registered
133 Posts
who knows, he might end up being the next Jordan

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yall say that about Jonathan Bender too. He hasn't been able to prove anyhting because he has never been given any minutes. But I remeber a thread where everyone was bashing him saying he was a bust and a poor man's odom. We'll see kiddies! We'll see!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Zach Randolph was a stud in SL last year too. 'nuff said.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
IMO the SPL in Long Beach isn't as strong as the one's in Boston and Utah. I attend games every year at the Pyramid and I watch the others leagues on ESPN and those teams seem to have deeper rosters. The Lakers and Clippers roster maybe had 2 or 3 NBA caliber players each.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Butler a bust already? LOL

The guy had the last 4 weeks off with a mild hamstring sprain. He's just recently recovering, and is playing 20-30 minutes a game in the summer league to work himself back into shape.

And besides, this is the summer league, lol. The Summer leagues are glorified pickup games. Nobody but players vying for roster spots even takes them serious half the time.

I bet Bo Outlaw's an mvp candidate based on his performance this year, huh? lol

Please guys, use common sense.

·
Registered
133 Posts
and yea Richard Jefferson is gonna make the All NBA first team

·
Registered
7 Posts
Caron Butler

I hope to god, that guy is a bust. He is cocky as hell. No one should come out acting like he's all that when he hasn't even played. Until this past season I never heard of him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts