Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, he hurt his finger when moving boxes in his garage..

oh well.. I hope he plays though. Hope it was just minor cuts that will heal up by 8 days:)

If he does play though, I gaurantee you that McGrady is going to go all Jordan on him by stepping his game up to the next level like he does vs. Lebron now days:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,236 Posts
Hopefully, the Magic will win, like last year when the Lakers visited and both Kobe and TMac had 38 points. :D
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
I might try and get tickets to that game, but a lot of the guys to see wont even be in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
I might try and get tickets to that game, but a lot of the guys to see wont even be in there.
Why won't they be there?

I think it'll be sold out so hurry up and buy tix now:)

I most likely will be going to game as well..... Courtside:)

Well maybe not courtside but still:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
baiting?

Originally posted by <b>courtside</b>!
Sadly, he hurt his finger when moving boxes in his garage..

oh well.. I hope he plays though. Hope it was just minor cuts that will heal up by 8 days:)

If he does play though, I gaurantee you that McGrady is going to go all Jordan on him by stepping his game up to the next level like he does vs. Lebron now days:)
HAHAHAHAHA, :laugh:
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>courtside</b>!


Why won't they be there?

I think it'll be sold out so hurry up and buy tix now:)

I most likely will be going to game as well..... Courtside:)

Well maybe not courtside but still:)
Well, it is on ABC so I think i'd rather watch it on TV. I dont really wanna go to the game unless I can get really really good seats. Otherwise i'd just rather watch it on TV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Re: Re: baiting?

Originally posted by <b>The MAgiC</b>!


Baiting? Yes, yes you are.
nah dude, I agree. If I was Kobe and I had to play against Tmac, Tracy McGrady, the best player in the NBA, I'd prolly cut my hand off to avoid him.

:uhoh:

Now that would be baiting........

My response was ginuine. I think it's funny that Tmac fans implies(or baits Kobe fan) Kobe would purposely avoid playing against him. Get real!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
See, now you just had to come with the unescessary sarcasm. T-Mac isn't the best player in the NBA..... just the best gaurd in the NBA. Undisputed best gaurd that is.

And nobody said anything about Kobe trying to avoid playing T-Mac. But since you asked so nicely, if I were Kobe I'd do more than cut off my hand to avoid getting humiliated by someone else. I mean, doesn't Kobe humiliate himself enough?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The MAgiC</b>!
I mean, doesn't Kobe humiliate himself enough?
T-slack has had some humiliation problems of his own.

Talks trash to Hornets. Loses the series
Talks trash to Pistons. Loses the series
Has a C on his jersey for captain, but blames his teammates for everything.
Starts out the season 1-19, and is not going to make the playoffs.

When's the last time the "undisputed" best guard in the league couldn't lead his team to the playoffs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The MAgiC</b>!
See, now you just had to come with the unescessary sarcasm. T-Mac isn't the best player in the NBA..... just the best gaurd in the NBA. Undisputed best gaurd that is.

And nobody said anything about Kobe trying to avoid playing T-Mac. But since you asked so nicely, if I were Kobe I'd do more than cut off my hand to avoid getting humiliated by someone else. I mean, doesn't Kobe humiliate himself enough?
Sarcasm is always fun isn't.

Like this for example, why would any player, I mean any player or any team in the NBA want to avoid playing against the worst team in the NBA? Answer that question honestly!

Now was that sarcasm or the truth?
__________________________________________

Or check this one out, I'll be the Tmac hater(for a change right, :laugh: ).

Sadly, he(Tmac) hurt his back doing god knows what.

oh well.. I hope he plays though. Hope it was just minor back injury that will heal up by Sunday.

If he does play though, I gaurantee you that Shaq is going to go all Jordan on him by stepping his game up to the next level like he did vs. Lebron Wednesday.

thanks courtside. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!


T-slack has had some humiliation problems of his own.

Talks trash to Hornets. Loses the series
Talks trash to Pistons. Loses the series
Has a C on his jersey for captain, but blames his teammates for everything.
Starts out the season 1-19, and is not going to make the playoffs.

When's the last time the "undisputed" best guard in the league couldn't lead his team to the playoffs?
Right on Wilt. :clap:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!


T-slack has had some humiliation problems of his own.

Talks trash to Hornets. Loses the series
Talks trash to Pistons. Loses the series
Has a C on his jersey for captain, but blames his teammates for everything.
Starts out the season 1-19, and is not going to make the playoffs.

When's the last time the "undisputed" best guard in the league couldn't lead his team to the playoffs?

T-Mac's quotes against the Pistons were taken out of context, and were NOT trash talking comments. Other than that, I sadly have to agree with you.:cry:
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!


T-slack has had some humiliation problems of his own.

Talks trash to Hornets. Loses the series
Talks trash to Pistons. Loses the series
Has a C on his jersey for captain, but blames his teammates for everything.
Starts out the season 1-19, and is not going to make the playoffs.

When's the last time the "undisputed" best guard in the league couldn't lead his team to the playoffs?
Name one other superstar in the league that has a worse supporting cast or has in the last three years and has done better. You can't.

Tmac says some stupid things every once in awhile, but that doesnt take away from what he does on the court. And even though Orlando lost those playoff series, Tmac's stats were fantastic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by <b>IV</b>!
If he does play though, I gaurantee you that Shaq is going to go all Jordan on him by stepping his game up to the next level like he did vs. Lebron Wednesday.

thanks courtside. :)
Shaq can't go jordan. Shaq can only go Shaq...

Plus, shaq isn't playing all that jordanesque anyways..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>courtside</b>!


Shaq can't go jordan. Shaq can only go Shaq...

Plus, shaq isn't playing all that jordanesque anyways..
Sure he can. I wouldn't doubt Shaq's ability to step his game up to the next level. But it's true he hasn't been playing at a high level lately, but we all know it can happen in any game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Name one other superstar in the league that has a worse supporting cast or has in the last three years and has done better. You can't.
I don't think the supporting cast is the problem.
Tmac's first season they were 7th in the East which was an improvement. They lost to the Bucks, when Ray Allen banged on Tracy in the clutch, remember! The team was in good position to win that series but they didn't have a player to step up and make big plays down the stretch. You need that player to win!
Then they finished 4th in the East losing to the Hornets after Baron Davis, Tracy's man, dropped back to back triple doubles and a killer pluck on Tmac in the clutch! Again, the Magic didn't have a player to make the tough plays down the stretch. You need that player to win! Then they lost to Detriot last year after being up 3 games to 1. The teams performance was terrible in the final 3 games of that series. Tracys FG% was awful as well.
Aside from this, Orlando has let go of the few players it had that could really play: Darrell Armstrong, Troy Hudson, Mike Miller, & Bo Outlaw amongst others. It's more than just the supporting cast in Orlando. To me, Magics fans used the support as a scapegoat!

Tmac says some stupid things every once in awhile, but that doesnt take away from what he does on the court. And even though Orlando lost those playoff series, Tmac's stats were fantastic.
Tmacs stats are superb. He's a great talent, but the difference between him and other great talents is the great players get the job done. For example, if Philly had the worst record in the league how easy would it be to say Allen Iverson has a terrible supporting cast? It's not hard to say that now, because his support is not good at all, but he still find ways to lead his teammates and find wins. That's the difference between great players and great talents. Another guy who gets no credit as a great player, Paul Pierce.... Is there any doubt that the Boston Celtics minus Pierce are worse off than the Magic minus Tracy? It's close, but Pierce has the ability to win games and that's why the Celtics are in playoffs contention. Great players vs great talents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!
Name one other superstar in the league that has a worse supporting cast or has in the last three years and has done better. You can't.
Iverson.

2000-2001 76ers
Buford, Rodney
Geiger, Matt
Hill, Tyrone
Iverson, Allen
Jones, Jumaine
Lynch, George
Macculloch, Todd
Mckie, Aaron
Mutombo, Dikembe
Ollie, Kevin
Snow, Eric
Raja Bell

Record: 56-26

--Buford was bad, Geiger was ok at best. Hill was fading fast, Jones was in his first or second season and did nothing. Lynch was decent, but always injured, Macculloch hadn't become a starter yet, Mckie was good, Mutumbo was good, Ollie and Bell were both ok role players. Snow was solid. That team might have been a little better, but they did so much more than the Magic in a stronger conference.


Vince?

2000-2001 Raptors
Carter, Vince
Childs, Chris
Clark, Keon
Corbin, Tyrone
Curry, Dell
Davis, Antonio
Jackson, Mark
Murray, Tracy
N'diaye, M.
Oakley, Charles
Peterson, Morris
Stewart, Michael
Williams, Alvin
Williamson, Corliss

Record: 47-35

--Childs was nothing, Clark was good, Curry was bad, Corbin was worse. Davis was good, Jackson was ok at best, Murray was nothing. N'diaye was nothing. Oakley was on his last fumes, Peterson was ok, Stewart is terrible, Williams and Williamson were both decent.

And if you want more you can look at the Heat teams from the past few years.
 

·
kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!


Iverson.

2000-2001 76ers
Buford, Rodney
Geiger, Matt
Hill, Tyrone
Iverson, Allen
Jones, Jumaine
Lynch, George
Macculloch, Todd
Mckie, Aaron
Mutombo, Dikembe
Ollie, Kevin
Snow, Eric
Raja Bell

Record: 56-26
Not even close. That was a very good team, mainly in the area where Orlando has been the worst the last few years, defense and rebounding. That team had two legit centers. Iverson continues to have McKie and Snow around him, whose effect on the court is much greater than their numbers. And look at all the defensive minded role players on that team. Defense wins basketball games, and Orlando hasn't had a good defensive or rebounding presence since they got rid of Ben Wallace.


Vince?

2000-2001 Raptors
Carter, Vince
Childs, Chris
Clark, Keon
Corbin, Tyrone
Curry, Dell
Davis, Antonio
Jackson, Mark
Murray, Tracy
N'diaye, M.
Oakley, Charles
Peterson, Morris
Stewart, Michael
Williams, Alvin
Williamson, Corliss

Record: 47-35
This team is a little closer than that Philly team, but still much better. Again, mostly in its defensive abilities. And a lot of solid veterans on the team. Nowhere near the inexperience that the Orlando has had.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top