Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not official yet, but expect it to be any time between now, tommorrow, or later this weekend. He supposedly told the UK staff he wants to come to UK. However, he didn't give a solid verbal because he said the lack of athletic scholarships bothers him. It's been known for a while that Tubby has found some sort of hole in the 5/8 rule, so looks like Randolph has no worries anymore. Picked this info up off of UK's Rivals site. Morris said he intends to go to college for only one year and wants to win a championship while he's there. He won't get a better opprotunity if he comes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
yep thats the word i heard from some good sources @ another message board.......im so pumped!!!!!!!!
Randolph Morris make it offical so we have our final piece to the puzzle!!!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I am going to go with "Cautiously Excited" on this one. The sources that are reporting he is going to be a Cat have been pretty reliable in the past so it IS looking pretty good. This is a great class anyway and if we can get Morris as well then it will be FANTASTIC!

The sad part is, if he does come and the 5/8 rule is still in effect (good possibilty that it may go away) then a current scholarship player is transfering. Bitter sweet to gain a player by losing one.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKBlueInMyBlood</b>!
I am going to go with "Cautiously Excited" on this one. The sources that are reporting he is going to be a Cat have been pretty reliable in the past so it IS looking pretty good. This is a great class anyway and if we can get Morris as well then it will be FANTASTIC!

The sad part is, if he does come and the 5/8 rule is still in effect (good possibilty that it may go away) then a current scholarship player is transfering. Bitter sweet to gain a player by losing one.
Who could this current player be? Stockton, maybe?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm really surprised Mississippi State didn't get in the picture with Morris considering that both his parents are MSU Alumni.

If he does go to Kentucky, they are getting a good one. IMO, Dwight Howard isn't that much better right now than Morris. He may have a higher upside, but Morris is part of a dying breed. A seven footer with a post game.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlueBaron</b>!

Who could this current player be? Stockton, maybe?
I have not heard who a potential transfer would be... Wait, take that back... I have heard conflicting reports/guesses of who it would be but no one in the know is saying for sure.

On the other hand, I am also hearing now that we will get all of the newest guys we are recruiting and no one on the current team is going to transfer. IF that is true then this would mean that SOMEONE is going to go the prep school route (probably Adam Williams - JMO)

Recruiting news is like a tossed salad covered in thick dressing... you have to try to pick out what is good and what is bad without being able to really see what is going on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts