Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about signing Loren Woods if he is real cheap?

He's young and has some potential to be a very good NBA center.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know how you can say Woods is better than Garrity. Garrity has done a lot more so far in his career than Woods. Anyways, they are a completely different type of player.

If you want a top-notch perimeter threat, that is Garrity. If you want a guy with potential to blocks shots and rebound, that is Woods.

Garrity was one of the most impt players for Orlando last year. They got better with him starting at PF and Grant starting at C.

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Garrity helped us out a lot on offense, where he was playing PF but was a 3-point shooter, so the PF guarding him would have to come out of the paint and guard him or it would be an open 3 (which it was most of the time) and by God, he can hit those 3's. On Defense, it was bad. You can't have Pat Garrity guarding natural PFs and expect to win the battle there.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garrity is certainly no All-NBA defensive player, that is for sure. He did a pretty good job all year guarding guys that were way out of his league on the defensive end. He is a lot tougher than people think he is. He's got a mean streak in him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts