Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Loren Woods is not signed yet. I would much, MUCH rather have him on the roster then Bagaric. 7-2 high leaper with good instincts on help defense. Woods could be a shot blocking force if he put effort in improving.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
do we have any cap room left to sign him? if theres any realistic way to get him then i say go for it, im suprised the clippers havent went after him so far

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
The Bulls should be able to sign Woods for next to nothing, but then they would have to get rid of someone. By all accounts Lonny Baxter doesn't want to go to Europe. This is assuming we will already drop one of the Overton/Brunson duo. So, I would like to add LOren, but I wouldn't do it at the expense of anyone...even Bagaric as he is getting better.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Bagaric is getting better???

Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
The Bulls should be able to sign Woods for next to nothing, but then they would have to get rid of someone. By all accounts Lonny Baxter doesn't want to go to Europe. This is assuming we will already drop one of the Overton/Brunson duo. So, I would like to add LOren, but I wouldn't do it at the expense of anyone...even Bagaric as he is getting better.
...better than what? No kidding intended. Grab woods, get what you can in a trade for bagaric from ANYONE, and lets move on!!!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Re: Bagaric is getting better???

Originally posted by <b>BamaBull</b>!

...better than what? No kidding intended. Grab woods, get what you can in a trade for bagaric from ANYONE, and lets move on!!!
Bagaric was drafted as a project and thats exactly what he is. It's easy to forget that Bagaric isn't much older than Curry. He is coming along nicely with his development. He could very well be a nice back up center in the future for the Bulls.

·
Registered
936 Posts
There's a reason why Woods wasn't selected until the 46th pick in the '01 draft and why he's out of work right now.

The boy has issues that have nothing to do with a fragile back. If Woods was any kind of a reliable player, don't you think the front court starved Magic would have signed him by now? Instead the Magic opted for...Corrie Benjamin???

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Loren Woods just needs a chance. I don't know if the Bulls are great at giving guys a chance, especially since Woods wouldn't have much of a future (unless he steps up as the new 6th man to cover leftover PF/C minutes after Fizer leaves, which would take a HUGE improvement with Woods).

If we're looking for a Blount-type backup, instead of a long-term backup, then Art Long is worth a look, as well as Reggie Slater. These guys work hard when they get their minutes, and are used to very few minutes anyway.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
i think if your looking for someone to play 5-10 minutes a game and just play some D, block a couple of shots he would be ok. But then we do have Curry, Bagaric and Blount already with Chandler if needed. But i wouldn't be against getting him.

Dickie made a excellent point. Why didn't Orlando grab him if he is all that? Could be they wanted someone who could play more minutes? I don't know.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Alot of teams would have signed him by now... not just LA or the Magic, but teams that are clearly over the cap like the Mavs, and Blazers could have had him for the league min.

But perhaps he wants more money then people are offering?

-Petey

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bagaric is a project. Woods is a project. From what I have seen of Bagaric he no longer qualifies as a project. He is hopeless.

I seen Woods play some great games in college, and he could flat out block shots. I personally see him as possibly being useful in the future.

Ain't gonna happen anyway. Krause loves Bagaric for some reason. He will finish his contract and end up back in Europe, and Krause will draft another 3 year project.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Can you imagine Loren Woods and Tyson Chandler on the floor at the same time? All skin and bones, but the shotblocking ability of this duo would be simply disgusting!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I was all for the Bulls selecting Woods when he dropped in the draft, in fact, I was upset when we didn't get him. I think he dropped so low because he has chronic back problems. I was surprised that Minny didn't play him more. It seems like him being in the frontcourt with KG would give folks fits. Still, Woods is somewhat of a project, just like Bagaric.

MIke, I agree that players can't be projects forever. Of course there is a big difference between a project that is drafted as a sophomore out of college, a project that is drafted straight out of high school, and a project that is drafted from europe at a young age. I think you have to set realistic goals for player development based on where they are at when you get them, how much time they are likely to see, and the individuals ability to learn and willingness to work hard. Dali was obviously drafted very young. He comes from europe and there were initially language barriers and all to contend with. He has worked very hard by all accounts that I have heard. I have seen some improvement in his game since his first year. All we are wanting him to develop into is a servicable back up center. A guy who can give you 5-10 minutes on any given night without embarrassing you. Bagaric IMO is almost there. I think, if he see's some minutes (which I consider unlikely due to Blount being on the team) he should either develop into what we want this season or be looking for work next season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts