Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kobe, odom out.... I think for rest of season b/c it seems like they are trying to bomb it
warriors might finish ahead of us

Looks like Lakers are finishing 5th or 7th.... from the bottom.

It will be hard for mitch to blows this pick

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's unbelievable but Lakers might get a top 3 pick if the balls roll right :)

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
KennethTo said:
It's unbelievable but Lakers might get a top 3 pick if the balls roll right :)
Not going to happen, chances of getting a higher pick all depend on team record. Realistically, the highest the Lakers will get is the 8th pick, as 8th-14th are all relatively close record-wise.

But I know what you were saying. ;)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I think we will only win one game remaining on our schedule: the road game against Portland. We won't finish in the bottom 5 because the Hawks, Bobcats, Hornets, Jazz, Trailblazers and Bucks will all almost for sure have less than 34 wins.

I think the Warriors (28 wins) will at least finish with 32 because their last 3 games are at home against us, the Trailblazers and the Jazz and they have a road game against the Trailblazers as well.

The Knicks should be assured 31 wins, with games against Charlotte and Atlanta. Other games they could win include home games against Indiana and Toronto and road games against New Jersey and Indiana.

The Raptors could finish with a better record than us. Other than the Warriors, I'd say they are playing the best out of any of the teams underneath us. They have 30 wins right now, and should definitely have 31 by the end of the year, as they have a home game against Atlanta. Other games they can win include home games against Indiana, New Jersey, Boston and Cleveland and road games against New York and Milwaukee. My guess for the Raptors would be 35 wins.

The Clippers, I believe, will win 37 games. They have games against Charlotte, Utah and two games against the Hornets remaining on their schedule.

I think the Raptors and Clippers will definitely jump ahead of us. However, I don't think the Knicks or Warriors will be able to reach 34 wins, leaving us with the 9th best chance at the #1 pick. The luckiest we could get in the lottery drawing would probably be #7, but I doubt that that happens. So yeah, I'd slot the Lakers in at the #9 pick for now.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's see if we can get some Patrick Ewing magic like the Knicks did :banana:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
SoCalfan21 said:
i dont really think wed find someone to help out kobe in the draft maybe in free agency tho...
You never know. Since the 1997 draft, the 9 and 10 picks are as followed...

1997:
#9 Tracy McGrady
#10 Danny Fortson

1998:
#9 Dirk Nowitzki
#10 Paul Pierce

1999:
#9 Shawn Marion
#10 Jason Terry

2000:
#9 Joel Pryzbilla
#10 Keyon Dooling
OK, so that was a down-year.

2001:
#9 Rodney White
#10 Joe Johnson

2002:
#9 Amare Stoudemire
#10 Caron Butler

2003:
#9 Michael Sweetney
#10 Jarvis Hayes

2004:
#9 Andre Iguodala
#10 Luke Jackson

McGrady, Nowitzki, Pierce, Marion, Terry, Johnson, Stoudemire, Butler, Iguodala...you've got to admit that the history of the 9 and 10 picks has been pretty productive.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Trade up for Marvin Williams and sign Earl Watson in FA, or trade up for Felton and sign Griffin in FA. I'd be happy with either of those things this summer. Then add pieces via the LLE, camp, and another (small?) trade.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
EHL said:
Trade up for Marvin Williams and sign Earl Watson in FA, or trade up for Felton and sign Griffin in FA. I'd be happy with either of those things this summer. Then add pieces via the LLE, camp, and another (small?) trade.
I'm getting the feeling that Earl Watson's going to get paid fairly well by some jacked up team with cap room like the Hornets or the Hawks. Maybe not quite Derek Fisher money but a little more than the mid level.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Locke said:
I'm getting the feeling that Earl Watson's going to get paid fairly well by some jacked up team with cap room like the Hornets or the Hawks. Maybe not quite Derek Fisher money but a little more than the mid level.
Yeah, the Hawks look like a good bet to nab Watson if he doesn't stay with the Grizz.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Geez, more hating on Kobe from the guys on "Around the Horn"...

They basically said that Kobe is faking this injury and put words in his mouth, saying things like he shouldn't be a coward and not play the rest of the season. Excuse me, when has he said he'd do that at all? Kobe wanted to come back and play against Memphis but Vitti wouldn't let him. They are just assuming that Kobe will crawl into a shell like a hermit for the rest of the season and pretend like this isn't happening. I hate it when morons like that go after him when they don't know what they're talking about.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You can't go in the tank

I think a true Laker fan would hope that this bunch would band together and win some games for dignity.

If nothing else, you have to finish ahead of the Clippers.

That would be a tough pill to swallow finishing behind them.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
it'll be okay.. don't cry, dry ur eye...

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
KennethTo said:
kobe, odom out.... I think for rest of season b/c it seems like they are trying to bomb it
warriors might finish ahead of us

Looks like Lakers are finishing 5th or 7th.... from the bottom.

It will be hard for mitch to blows this pick
As long as the Kobe and Odom-less Lakers play hard, i don't care what happens.

·
Registered
173 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
As long as the Kobe and Odom-less Lakers play hard, i don't care what happens.
I agree. But, if they play hard and lose...that can´t hurt anymore... I can´t believe I just wrote this... :cry:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts