Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this would be interesting to do here. Get some activity going.

Make predictions here pertaining to the 2011 MLB season. Anything from team wins, losses, stats, players breaking out, managers fired, playoff teams, World series.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
The Mariners were supposed to be a top 10 team last year with Chone Figgins and Milton Bradley. Didn't happen. They were supposed to be top 10 when they signed Sexson and Beltre. Didn't happen. What a cluster****.

I have one prediction. Ichiro won't get traded.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Yankees go 80-82 missing the playoffs...That staff is just horrible there is no way a staff of CC/Hughes/AJ/Barto Colon/Freddie Garcia/Nova/Mitre makes the playoffs unless CC ends up pitching every 3rd day like he did with the Brewers lol

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I'll be happy with 90 wins from the Braves. The pitching looks solid, but defense and CF is a problem.

·
Administrator
26,979 Posts
Carlos Peña hits above .220
This is the most far-fetched prediction yet... :bsmile:

(I like Carlos, he's my hometown boy).

In the spirit of far-fetched predictions...

1. Boston wins 105 games
  2. Adrian Gonzalez hits 40 homers with a 1.000+ OPS
  3. Someone at Yankee Stadium gets injured the first time AJ Burnett pitches against the Red Sox.
  4. Bartolo Colon surrenders 19 runs when he's called upon to pitch the backend of a doubleheader after the bullpen gets burned out covering for Burnett in the opening game.
  5. The Twins finally assemble a team capable of beating the Yankees in the postseason, unfortunately the Yankees don't make it
  6. Albert Pujols celebrates his last year in St. Louis by winning the Triple Crown
  7. Doc Halladay & Cliff Lee combine for 45 wins

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Here's the loud-

The Marlins finally learn how to field to go along with their bats and their pitchers are finally healthy and consistent. This leads in to...

Josh Johnson wins the NL Cy Young Award

The Marlins win the NL Wild Card.

And here's the wrong-

The Pittsburgh Pirates win 90 games and are essentially what the Reds were last year.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Here's the loud-

The Marlins finally learn how to field to go along with their bats and their pitchers are finally healthy and consistent. This leads in to...

And here's the wrong-

The Pittsburgh Pirates win 90 games and are essentially what the Reds were last year.
I like where your heads at!

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Here's the loud-

And here's the wrong-

Their infield is dramatically improved defensively, unfortunately they have the worst defensive outfield in the league. Coghlan in center is going to be a disaster, he was a liability in left. With that said, I still think a wild card berth is possible if we see 2009 Hanley Ramirez, steady improvements from Morrison/Sanchez/Stanton and full seasons from Johnson and Nolasco. The bullpen should be much improved, although they still don't have a closer.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I predict Matt Kemp wins the NL MVP and BJ Upton makes a huge impact in a pennant chase, but not for the Rays.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
My Brewers bullpen fails them and prince Fielder gets dealt by the deadline and helps lead the yeankees to the world series as their new 180 million dollar dh

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
joek admits he has no connection with the Yankees.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts