Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,615 Posts
I got them winning it all as does froggy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
I think their main competition is georgia tech and wake forest to make it to the final hour . I think they would blow out washington if they played against them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,627 Posts
Yeah like someone said, I have Louisville winning it all. They really got snubbed with a #4 seed. They've got a player right now that's as hot as anybody in the country in Larry O'Bannon, and they've got an All-NBA backcourt in Taquan Dean and Francisco Garcia (SF). They've also got a first round draft pick in Juan Palacios whenever he declares for the draft. Ellis Myles could be their fifth best player, and he posted a triple-double in the Conference USA tournament!

People forget that they're one of the best defensive teams in the country. I remember the broadcasters saying on multiple ESPN telecasts that they were the 3rd best defensive team in the nation.

And Louisville didn't play a cakewalk schedule, either. They lost to Iowa in their second game of the season, who was just coming off a win over Texas, when they were at full strength (I'm not sure which team Iowa played first, but they beat them first). They dominated Kentucky in the first half, and just fell apart in the second half, but I can't see them collapsing like that in the Tournament. That was probably the worst half of basketball I've seen Louisville play this year. A fluke loss to Houston, and a loss to Memphis (Who was actually my preseason pick to win the Conference USA) where they struggled on offense and got outrebounded by 11 or so, I think.
 

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
Joined
·
9,583 Posts
I have louisville. Really the only other team I see going is Arizona, but I have louisville losing to Okie State in the Final Four
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,710 Posts
Louisville's lack of depth and a true PG will do them in. If they play a team with athletic guards who can handle the ball well, they will get beat (the team doesn't even need depth). They will render Pitino's press useless and be able to penetrate against their defense.

Speaking of defense, that "hand defense" they play that was getting a lot of negative attention from sports announcers around midway through this season will get called more often in the tourney, so they'll probably be in trouble on that side of the ball unless they change their defensive scheme.

So, with all that being said, I think Georgia Tech will beat them pretty handily. Francisco Garcia isn't nearly as good as he's hyped up to be, but UL does have a lot of balanced scoring on their perimeter, and Ellis Myles is simply a work horse inside.

And believe it or not, this is all without my blue shaded glasses on. I could say much worse if I wanted. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
kansasalumn said:
I have louisville. Really the only other team I see going is Arizona, but I have louisville losing to Okie State in the Final Four
Yeah me too. It was tough to pick between them and GT but if they can get passed them then I can see them beating Wake Forest and getting in. So really they could make in all the way to the final 4, or lose in the 2nd round. It's a tough call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,710 Posts
KidCanada said:
So really they could make in all the way to the final 4, or lose in the 2nd round. It's a tough call.
Yeah, that's probably the best way to sum it up. I think if they don't get beaten by Georgia Tech, they'll get it handed to them by Wake Forest (if Wake makes it that far). I simply just can not see this team going to the Final Four, but they could just as well prove me wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
653 Posts
I like Louisville, and here's why:
They are buying into Pitino's system, and they're winning.
That's dangerous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,710 Posts
Willo said:
I like Louisville, and here's why:
They are buying into Pitino's system, and they're winning.
That's dangerous.
They've BEEN buying into his system basically since he got there. It's only now that they've been able to put a whole regular season together for whatever reason.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,556 Posts
I have them losing to GT. They have a pretty looking record, but the best wins they have are over Cincinatti, UNC-charlotte, and an early-season Florida. Solid tournament teams, but it certainly doesn't scream serious national championship contender to me. I'm thinking a good GT team shows up, but if they don't Louisville can beat them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,950 Posts
louisville will lose if they play washington or wake. if not, they will make the final four. i have them getting to the elite 8(pitt taking out washington).

and i don't understand why everyone suddenly is in love with georgia tech. they beat wake and then beat unc in the acc tournament. besides those two games, they've lost every game they've played against a good team. they aren't going to beat louisville and i'm not even sure they can beat george washington. them being a 5 seed is crazy. more like a 7-10 seed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,412 Posts
rocketeer said:
louisville will lose if they play washington or wake. if not, they will make the final four. i have them getting to the elite 8(pitt taking out washington).

and i don't understand why everyone suddenly is in love with georgia tech. they beat wake and then beat unc in the acc tournament. besides those two games, they've lost every game they've played against a good team. they aren't going to beat louisville and i'm not even sure they can beat george washington. them being a 5 seed is crazy. more like a 7-10 seed.

Louisville will lose if they meet up with Gonzaga......END OF STORY.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,412 Posts
HAHAHA thats a funny one! :mrt:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Considering the egg Gonzaga laid last year (not even making the Sweet-16 as a #2 seed) maybe he's not the fool. Gonzaga's been Arizona Jr. in the tournament recently, losing games they have no business losing.

That being said, UofL is very dangerous because they can shoot the ball well. If they stay hot for 4 games (especially O'Bannon) then they could easily make the Final Four.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,412 Posts
vadimivich said:
Considering the egg Gonzaga laid last year (not even making the Sweet-16 as a #2 seed) maybe he's not the fool. Gonzaga's been Arizona Jr. in the tournament recently, losing games they have no business losing.

That being said, UofL is very dangerous because they can shoot the ball well. If they stay hot for 4 games (especially O'Bannon) then they could easily make the Final Four.
Ronnie Turiaf was in foul trouble last year and Blake Stepp was a choke artist during crucial situations his entire career......Raivio has proven he can step up his play against the better talent....
 

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
Joined
·
9,583 Posts
rocketeer said:
louisville will lose if they play washington or wake.
I do not even have Washington to face Louisville in the Sweet 16
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top