4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
congrats to them, game was in control mostly the entire time

Washington vs. Louisville could be the best game of the round of 16

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
sboydell said:
congrats to them, Washington vs. Louisville could be the best game of the round of 16
You just never know what you are going to get with Louisville.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
louisville will win the championship. Book it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
They were very impressive and I am feeling better about riding them to the Final Four even though Washington has looked equally formidable...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Louisville is a legit championship contender.

They definetly got screwed with their seeding, but nobody expected them to beat Georgia Tech that badly.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Washington trys to outscore you. It works pretty well in the Pac-10, OK against the Nevada's of the world, but if Louisville can keep them shooting under 40%, it won't even be a game.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Willo said:
Washington trys to outscore you. It works pretty well in the Pac-10, OK against the Nevada's of the world, but if Louisville can keep them shooting under 40%, it won't even be a game.
What! are you serious ? Louisville is a very tough minded bunch great players with a true star in Garcia who is probably my single favorite player right now in the Tournament. He also kind of reminds me of Prince anyone else see that in him ?

But come on the Washington Huskies have a very well balanced team and two amazing playmaking guards that just do not settle for jump shots. This game is going to be great and I truly feel for who ever gets eliminated.

cheers!

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
But come on the Washington Huskies have a very well balanced team
Washington is a good team, but well balanced they are not.....They play horrible defense and are a very small team....They got a pretty easy bracket this year....

·
Registered
420 Posts
Louisville just shot their brains out. GT played good defense, but when people are hitting NBA 3's with 6'8" defenders right in their grills, there's nothing you can do. UofL was red hot and playing with a chip on their shoulder, and it showed - if they can keep that up, they will be scary deep in the tournament.

Of course, they could also decide to not hit any 3's and then look like the team that almost lost to UL-Lafayette and got blown out by Memphis.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
23AirJordan said:
What! are you serious ? Louisville is a very tough minded bunch great players with a true star in Garcia who is probably my single favorite player right now in the Tournament. He also kind of reminds me of Prince anyone else see that in him ?
Garcia isn't really a "star". I made a post on this before. He's a very good player, but there are 2 other players on the Louisville team that average almost as good of numbers in slightly fewer minutes of play with one of those guys (Taquan Dean) playing out of position. Garcia is a very good player, but I never, apart from a few games in his career, have seen what makes him so special.

·
Registered
497 Posts
rawse said:
There went my third Final Four team. :verysad:
i pity you fools, i honestly didnt beleive the hype on gerogia tech just because they beat carolina. I still think they are not and were never title contenders.

·
Registered
420 Posts
GT was never healthy, and with Jarrett Jack playing on only one ankle in the NCAA's ... it was more of a mercy killing. At one point in the UofL game, they threw an oop to Muhammed and he couldn't jump to get it, his knee is so shot. The UNC game might have been more of the last rally of a tough team than a sign of things to come, especially with Jack trashing his ankle in the Duke game immediately after that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts