Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Love-Hate Relationship": Hoopsworld Article on JC

Full articles are not allowed to be posted. Copyright laws. And this article is a pay-article which makes it even worse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lettin Crawford loose with no one else on the floor that is even worth guarding still isn't going to make it happen. I think the first thing that Paxson should do is let him hire his own assistants.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting thought from the article that deserves a closer look IMO:

"...one should also note the carefree attitude that the team operated in, a worry-free atmosphere that Crawford and other players, like Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler in particular, thrived in.

Well, one year later and that atmosphere, one that was nurturing and without expectations, simply doesn't exist, which leaves Crawford in a bind."

expectation level is everything. i would also say that eddy's in the same bind. we'll just have to see what happens when tyson returns.

who needs soap operas when you have the chicago bulls and bbb.net

:grinning:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can't say I agree with the article at all.
"Letting him loose" may be good for a few more wins here or there, however it will also mean bad habits and bad habits once allowed are extremely hard to break.
No, in the long run it's better for the Bulls and for Crawford for him to learn how to play the right way. It may be painful for him at first, but the long term benefits for him will be more than worth it.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bball4me</b>!
I can't say I agree with the article at all.
"Letting him loose" may be good for a few more wins here or there, however it will also mean bad habits and bad habits once allowed are extremely hard to break.
No, in the long run it's better for the Bulls and for Crawford for him to learn how to play the right way. It may be painful for him at first, but the long term benefits for him will be more than worth it.
Letting him loose means letting him be the PG of this team.

I believe we have a better chance to win with him at the helm because that is where he wants to be, and he plays better when that is the case.

If you're going to build the franchise off of 19-23 yr olds, you have to accept the growing pains, and you have to understand that because of those pains these guys will become the players you've wanted to become.

You can't expect that if you have your guys out there playing, looking over their shoulder, "letting them loose" doesn't mean they're going to go out and play streetball, it means they're going to go out there and play with confidence, and play to win instead of playing not to lose and not to make mistakes.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
i agree with the article

every team puts their stars in positions to succeed because their stars carry them to wins. every team except the bulls who seem intent on teaching lessons to them instead of instilling winning stratgies and garnering wins.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: "Love-Hate Relationship": Hoopsworld Article on JC

Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
Full articles are not allowed to be posted. Copyright laws. And this article is a pay-article which makes it even worse.
ooops. :uhoh: sorry, my bad. but since i pay to subscribe to HoopsWorld...oh well, doesn't matter. i'll never do it again.

but it was an interesting take on the JC situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts