Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Larry Brown still got his 100th win with the Pistons last night, faster than any other coaches before.

Milestone

The victory Sunday was the 100th for Brown as the Pistons coach, making him the fastest Pistons coach to reach the century mark. Rick Carlisle and Doug Collins both did it in 164 games. Brown is now 100-55
Detroit News

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I don't think any Piston fan is going to hate the guy who got us a championship. Congrats to Larry.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
The only people who hate him are Darko lovers or fans of his past teams. I don't see how anyone can hate him here. If you do, you must not like winning games.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I dont hate him, but I do have issue with some of his ways. Hes a good coach, but hes no Daddy Rich..

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
As a Piston fan I can't argue with his ways. Until he loses he is still 1 for 1 with the Pistons. Hard to argue with results. I wish he would have given more playing time to Dupree and Darko but I can't argue wins....

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
CJ said:
The only people who hate him are Darko lovers or fans of his past teams. I don't see how anyone can hate him here. If you do, you must not like winning games.
i dont think anyone hates brown, some just dont like everything about the way he does things. i think if your a diehard pistons fan you take the good with the bad but for the casual observer you wonder why he cant get the wins and be better with young players. i happen to think you can do both, but maybe its an either or with him.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Article in the paper here today said that the Pistons are talking behind the scenes to Flip Saunders about our coaching situation for next year in case LB retires. Take it for what it's worth, I believe it was "According to the New York Times..." :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In sports writer jargon, it's called throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks.

A writer, unafraid of starting a bad rumor, writes something without contacting a viable source.

That happened last weekend when a New York writer reported the Pistons were in secret talks with former Minnesota coach Flip Saunders to take over as head coach if Larry Brown resigned after the season. Brown has three years left on his contract.
But the report about Saunders and the Pistons went out before anyone called Joe Dumars, the Pistons' president of basketball operations. Dumars is usually pretty good about letting you know what's on his mind and shooting down bad rumors.

This was a bad one.
If Brown does leave, the Pistons' job likely would be the best opening in the NBA, and Dumars would take his time to look at the best and brightest minds in the game. That might not be Saunders, who had the benefit of coaching one of the NBA's brightest stars, Kevin Garnett
Detroit Free Press

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I am not saying you are wrong but I thought Carslisle did it quicker? I guess the paper would know more though...

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Carslisle did 50 wins in both his first two years. Larry hit the 100 mark a few games shy of a full 2nd year. Very close though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts