Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
181 - 200 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
St. Bonaventure
7,396 Posts
To get back on the topic of LUC, can their fan(s) on here fill us in on their typical and/or desired OOC philosophy? Do they ever play DePaul, Northwestern, Illinois, etc.? Bad blood? Do they expect their scheduling philosophy or number of home “buy” games to increase?

·
Piker
11,407 Posts
Hahaha, that was great. I had forgotten all about z8-Minutemen.
It would be nice if a bunch of the fans from programs around the league would come back. Rhody, UMass, GW, La Salle, etc, etc....there used to be more.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
If anyone can dig up that old thread I would be indebted.
At your service, though the image has sadly been scrubbed - maybe the server switch c. 2018 or so?

1/29 Games | Page 15 | Professional and College Basketball Forums
And, here is a link to the picture...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good find '84. Turtleboy wasn't altogether unfunny, he just had no versatility and got old real quick. Then IIRC, he became increasingly petulant as UMass became increasingly irrelevant, and then disappeared from the scene.
He had some drama. Came to Buffalo for a Bills/Pats game. Some usual thin skinned Bills fans figured out his identity and outed him. Got fired from his job as a teacher. Which, no sympathy here. Internet 101 is don't do anything online you wouldnt do in person unless your'e prepared to face the consequences.

Overall from what I remember, he got too into hot takes on current events and politics, and hyper focused it on Central, MA news. Even in the beginning he felt like trying to be a localized deadspin.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
He had some drama. Came to Buffalo for a Bills/Pats game. Some usual thin skinned Bills fans figured out his identity and outed him. Got fired from his job as a teacher. Which, no sympathy here. Internet 101 is don't do anything online you wouldnt do in person unless your'e prepared to face the consequences.

Overall from what I remember, he got too into hot takes on current events and politics, and hyper focused it on Central, MA news. Even in the beginning he felt like trying to be a localized deadspin.
Thank god we don't have any asshole "educator" asshole posters here.

Oh, wait...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank god we don't have any asshole "educator" asshole posters here.

Oh, wait...
I almost posted on the BW the other day. Unfortunately the post would have been deleted and I may have met Turtleboy’s fate. Tenure laws and 3020a procedures are a bitch in NY, though. Plus I know the Association president…

181 - 200 of 208 Posts