Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who just got their LSAT scores today? I'm pretty disappointed. The scoring curve was ridiculously tough on this one (toughest one to date), so I didn't get my typical score. Oh well, I guess 165 is still ok, but it won't give me a shot at UCLA. Argh.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
My official test score was 5-7 points lower than I was scoring on practice tests. It seems to be a common occurrence among people I've talked to. Knocked me down from having a chance at getting into Berkeley to attending Hastings.

165 is a really good score (you beat me by 1, jerk!)...if your GPA is good/great, you still have an outside chance at top-flight schools. If not, you'll still get into schools like Hastings or UC Davis, which are still in or near the top tier.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gpa is not great. I have a 3.2 cumulative, so not much of a shot at top-tier schools. But I'm happy if I can get into the Hastings/Loyola/Davis range, hopefully receiving some cash as well.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Writing an outstanding essay on your application tailor-made to the strengths of the school will help your chances (review their literature and figure out what their boasting points are -- then show them how THIS is the candidate that perfectly matches the FOCUS of the school's philosophy).

ie. If the school has the greatest International Law program in the country, tell them how focus on Chinese-American trade agreements has been a life-long dream since you were six years old and an episode of Scooby-Doo was hinged on a haunted Chinese New Years Parade.

Or whatever. You get what I mean.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
TB#1 already gave you the best advice. If you're even close to the desired LSAT/GPA that essay will mean everything.

Being able to go to a better law school might not mean all that much after, say, three years of practice - but it'll make the three hellish years of law school immensely better. Don't settle unless you have to.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, thanks for the link. I am a minority, but not an under represented one, so it's not gonna help. Maybe i'll pretend to be native american....how would they know? Haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just clearing LSAT and not getting a good score is also disappointing sometimes. You don’t get your choice of law school then. You must Practice LSAT Questions regularly to increase your speed and score, so that you do have to feel bad at the end. Good luck this time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts