Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW...AM I PISSED

Had fricking connor balsiero made a 28 yarder, the auburn would be headed to the SEC championship game, but no the lucky lsu tigers go in. If LSU is this bad, all i have to say is wow the sec's best team is not even playing in the championship game

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
adarsh1 said:
WOW...AM I PISSED

Had fricking connor balsiero made a 28 yarder, the auburn would be headed to the SEC championship game, but no the lucky lsu tigers go in. If LSU is this bad, all i have to say is wow the sec's best team is not even playing in the championship game
Yep. LSU basically handed Arkansas the game on a silver platter and the Razorbacks couldn't even move the ball a ****ing inch when it counted. The defenses in the SEC are very good but a bit overrated due to the fact that the offenses have less imagination than a couple on their 50th anniversary. I can't wait till Spurrier's teams are actually good enough to contend for SEC titles once again. They need more coaches like him in that conference.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
This may have been as bad as a loss, if USC somehow loses. I expect some who had LSU over PSU to switch their vote this week. Enough to change the disparity between PSU and LSU in the computer polls, and in turn keeping PSU ahead. Of course the SEC Title Game is very important to the equation.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Luck Schmuck! We won! :wink:

In all honesty...LSU has had to win a lot of their games the hard way. I think that makes them really really dangerous because they have faced a lot this year.

Nothing comes easy...except Ole Miss they always come easy...:laugh:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think auburn is a better team than lsu. Auburn only lost to lsu by three in ot when their kicker missed five field goals. and this week, lsu struggles with arkansas. does ne one else agree with me?

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
I don't know. LSU struggling against Applanchian State would worry me. They beat em 24-0. And I think it was just 17-0 in the 3rd. You gotta at least put 40-50 on them. Whoever comes out of the SEC will not have an easy game against West Virginia in a BCS game.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
adarsh1 said:
i think auburn is a better team than lsu. Auburn only lost to lsu by three in ot when their kicker missed five field goals. and this week, lsu struggles with arkansas. does ne one else agree with me?
LSU is leaps and bounds above Auburn in all aspects aside from coaching. Auburn has great coaching and thats why the game was as close as it was against LSU. I'm very wary of Les Miles...

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Jsimo12 said:
LSU is leaps and bounds above Auburn in all aspects aside from coaching. Auburn has great coaching and thats why the game was as close as it was against LSU. I'm very wary of Les Miles...
No way, is it leaps and bounds above Auburn. It's better but just because you guys have such highly recruited guys doesn't mean they will turn out as good as their rating. The game was also close last yr when Auburn beat LSU with Saban. Auburn was close this yr cuz because they played well enough to do so and don't act like LSU has been so much better. They haven't been.

Why should you be weary? Because Auburn was close to LSU? That's ridiculous. Miles is a pretty good coach. First time he's coached with big time talent. I think he's doing very well for having a young offense. LSU's lost 1 game for godssakes and because Auburn was close to LSU you are? Auburn is close to them in talent more than you think. It's not just coaching. But nothing to be weary about with Miles with a 1 loss season so far.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Les Miles is a pretty good coach. I have no idea where the hell you are getting that coaching angle from.

Also talent wise, LSU is far superior. But Auburn's players aren't bad. I think if LSU-Auburn was played 10 times, Auburn would win 8/10

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
dissonance19 said:
No way, is it leaps and bounds above Auburn. It's better but just because you guys have such highly recruited guys doesn't mean they will turn out as good as their rating. The game was also close last yr when Auburn beat LSU with Saban. Auburn was close this yr cuz because they played well enough to do so and don't act like LSU has been so much better. They haven't been.

Why should you be weary? Because Auburn was close to LSU? That's ridiculous. Miles is a pretty good coach. First time he's coached with big time talent. I think he's doing very well for having a young offense. LSU's lost 1 game for godssakes and because Auburn was close to LSU you are? Auburn is close to them in talent more than you think. It's not just coaching. But nothing to be weary about with Miles with a 1 loss season so far.

adarsh1 said:
Les Miles is a pretty good coach. I have no idea where the hell you are getting that coaching angle from.

Also talent wise, LSU is far superior. But Auburn's players aren't bad. I think if LSU-Auburn was played 10 times, Auburn would win 8/10
Wary - Marked by keen caution...

I didnt say anything about Miles being a bad coach! I'm just not all on board for him 100% yet. He is very conservative. I live in Baton Rouge and Miles is on TV 24/7 over here so I see him speak a lot. He doesn't seem to have much personality. Saban was a dick so atleast you had that personality. It's hard to follow a GREAT coach such as Saban, a man who I loved as a coach. Im just not SOLD on him yet. I was such a big Saban fan that it's going to take some time for me to become a Miles fan thats all. I think he's doing a great job but Im just not ready for a coronation yet...

As far as 8 out of 10 I think thats ridiculous. I think they win maybe 4. They are talented and they are excellently coached. They didnt fall off near as much as people think they would have after the losses of Campbell, Brown and Williams, I give that edge to the coaching staff. Auburn should have beaten us this year and we should have beaten them last year. Auburn - LSU is always a great game, Im not disrespecting Auburn at all. Look at the box score of the game. Auburn was close for two reasons: One their kicker missed 5 FG's (they could have been up) and Irons rushed for more yards than anyone has on LSU since the GREAT Shaun Alexander. Neither of those things will happen on a regular basis so 8/10 seems a bit much. 4-6 seems much more reasonable...

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Miles is a solid coach but he's also a Michigan man. In other words, he plays very close to the vest and plays not to lose. I think that is what Jsimo was trying to get at. I don't think that will hold the Tigers back, though. He's coaching in the SEC, not the Pac 10. Every coach in that conference outside of Spurrier coaches conservatively.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Ugh.

If anything good comes out of this it at least shows that Ark will have a damn good team next season that can finally play with the big boys.

LSU didn't win this game though, Chris Balseiro lost it.

Hm....Oh well.

Im used to this kinda thing by now.

·
Registered
859 Posts
adarsh1 said:

Ok, so LSU talent is far superior to Auburn but Auburn would win 8 out of 10 times??? That doesn't make much sense to me, especially considering the fact that you believe Miles to be a pretty good coach.

Also, Auburn missing field goals is such a BS excuse. Let's take a look at the FG attempts that they missed -- a 41 yard FG, a 54 yard FG, a 37 yard FG, a 49 yard FG, and a 40 yard FG in OT. Those FG's are not gimmes, especially the 49 and 54 yarder. Also, LSU missed a 38 yard FG and a 28 yard FG. So this FG excuse is just flat out ignorant.

Another point:
Everybody's talk about Arkansas SHOULD have won, Auburn SHOULD have won against LSU. That's also stupid talk. COULD have/WOULD have/SHOULD have is not a viable excuse. They didn't get the job done. They LOST the game. LSU WON the game. And if you want to talk about games like this, why don't we look at at team that, for some reason, believe to be the best in the country--USC. They win all their games handily??? Umm, nope. Notre Dame, Fresno State games ring a bell!!??? But guess what, USC WON those games. They found a way to get it done. They are the BEST team in the country and found a way to win. Great teams do that.

And about Les Miles, the cause for concern is that, like others said, he is a very conservative coach with his playcalling. It seems like he plays not to lose the game. This has contributed greatly to us not blowing out some opponents, which in turn leads to having to listen to critics who want more than just a win. I, too, have been disappointed that the coaching staff hasn't put more flare and excitement into the offensive playcalling, but, hey, we're winning so I, nor others, can or should complain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts