Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the LSU-Oregon St. game and it was one of the best things Ive ever seen in my life. The stadium was crazy!! LSU has three serious problems to address.

1) The Quarterback situation - JaMarcus Russell is all students have been talking about since he decided to come to LSU. He obviously has great talent but isnt experienced. Marcus Randall has the experience buy IMO he is waaayyyy to streaky. I think Id rather take my losses teaching JaMarcus the game so he'll be ready next year then sit him on the bench and still lose with Randall.

2) The Wide Recievers - LSU lost its top two wide recievers last season in Michael Clayton and Devery Henderson. Skyler Green is a slot reciever and is the 3rd most talented on this team at best. The only problem is every other wide reciever we have aside from Dwayne Bowe has had no game time.

3) The Offensive Line - The best way to describe this is well...offensive.

That game was so awesome Oregon State played a great game and LSU didnt so much WIN the game as they didnt LOSE it. But it was exciting none the less. Everyone got soaked in the student section for 45 minutes waiting through the game delay. Second best game Ive ever been to (ending wise) other than last years Georgia thriller.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
This was a near-death experience for prolly nearly everybody in the stadium. No way LSU wins that game 99 out of 100 times, but thanks to Oregon State's kicker you guys survived. By the way, anybody wanna take a guess on how many weeks fore that kid ends up at Northern Montana or another D1-AA school. 3 field goals, ok they coulda been tough, 3 EP to cost ur school its biggest upset ever. SEE YA!

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jsimo12</b>!
1) The Quarterback situation - JaMarcus Russell is all students have been talking about since he decided to come to LSU. He obviously has great talent but isnt experienced. Marcus Randall has the experience buy IMO he is waaayyyy to streaky. I think Id rather take my losses teaching JaMarcus the game so he'll be ready next year then sit him on the bench and still lose with Randall.
LSU is really in trouble, JaMarcus Russell might eventually be something great come his junior season, but right now he's definitely not ready. It was good that he got to play a quality defense in Oregon State in his first action though, but it's going to be an experience heading to Auburn, Georgia, and Florida with him playing QB.

·
Registered
830 Posts
On one hand, I feel bad for that kid, but on the other hand, Im kinda pissed at him..lol He missed an extra point in the regulation game that would of gave them the victory and prevented overtime. Then, he got a second chance to redeem himself and win the game, and he misses the extra point.. It wasnt even close either, it was like a mile away... LSU cant go on like this though and I cant see them going very far unbeaten..I see them losing at Auburn in a couple of weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts