Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see his performace on Saturday? 39 points and 16 boards...he single handly kept Oregon in the game.
The only other players I could see being above or at his talent at the college level are..

Emeka Okafor-UCONN
Jameer Nelson-St. Joes
etc

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by MAS RipCity!

Anyone see his performace on Saturday? 39 points and 16 boards...he single handly kept Oregon in the game.

Who did he do that against?? He is a good player, but I didn't think he was capable of those numbers. Geez, guess I was slightly wrong. (He has to keep those numbers up though, if he wants to be considered among the elite in college hoops.)

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I'll take

Jameer Nelson
Ben Gordon
Emeka Okafor
Loul Deng
Andre Iguodala

before Jackson, but I think he is a great player, though.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Jackson has two triple-double in his college career so far. I hope he slides to my Heat in the second round. I don't see it happening though.

*fingers crossed*

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andre Iguodala over Luke Jackson? Tell me one thing he does better then Luke besides jumping?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
Andre Iguodala over Luke Jackson? Tell me one thing he does better then Luke besides jumping?
I like Andre because he is much more athletic and versatile than Jackson. I think Andre can realistically play 3 positions, while Luke is relegated to the 3 because of his size and speed.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
The hair alone puts him over Iguodala. He may not be as athletic, but he's a better shooter with a bit more experience. Just imagine how good that Ducks team would have been had Ridnour stayed. :eek:

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>TonyM</b>!
The hair alone puts him over Iguodala. He may not be as athletic, but he's a better shooter with a bit more experience. Just imagine how good that Ducks team would have been had Ridnour stayed. :eek:
I still don't know if we would be THAT much better to compete for the pac-10 title, simply because our bigs aren't really bangers at all and none can defend....but who knows...I miss Freddie Jones the most...him, and the 2 lukes..now that was THE team.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

I like Andre because he is much more athletic and versatile than Jackson. I think Andre can realistically play 3 positions, while Luke is relegated to the 3 because of his size and speed.
Luke is the better shooter though,and he may not be able to jump out of the building but he has sneeky athletiscm..and he knows how to get into the middle of the paint and draw the foul. Just a savy player...I think he could be a GREAT role player on a contending team.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I've been hyping Luke Jackson for three years now, and it looks like I was right. The kid has a great SF body and is a pretty good athlete. He has no problems finishing, and he can throw down some nice dunks on the fly. His shot is money, and he has a good midrange game to go along with an effective slashing moves, which draw a lot of fouls. On top of all that, he's a good passer with good court vision, can handle decently, and has a very good basketball IQ. I don't know if he's a top 5 player in the country, but he's at the very worst a top 10 player, and if he doesn't earn at least 2nd team All-American honors this year (provided his play keeps up, which I'm sure it will), it'll be a monumental travesty.

Jackson has a chance to slip into the middle of the first round next spring, but he'll likely go late in the first or early in the 2nd. He's a keeper for any team, though, and a steal if picked after the middle of the first round.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts

Luke is the better shooter though,and he may not be able to jump out of the building but he has sneeky athletiscm..and he knows how to get into the middle of the paint and draw the foul. Just a savy player...I think he could be a GREAT role player on a contending team.
Agreed. I don't know if Jackson will be a star in the league, but I think at worst he will be a solid role-player. He is a helluva player, though. I think he would be great fit for one of the West powers (Kings, Mavs, Spurs, etc.). I always thought he would be a perfect fit in Sac-town.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IQ</b>!
Crosswhite looks like a decent prospect on that team. He just needs to get tougher on the boards and defense.
How is Mitch Platt doing this year? He's from Green Valley HS here in Vegas.

·
Registered
132 Posts

He had a really nice first game. During the Pape Jam he went down with a high ankle sprain and he's still getting back into the swing of things. He's going to be good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>IQ</b>!
Crosswhite looks like a decent prospect on that team. He just needs to get tougher on the boards and defense.
I really liked how his season started out, his game at USC was great. They need him to have a big year

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

He got injured in the Marshall game and missed a few games. I see the potential is there,but as of right now..I think he should have redshirted. maybe he can have a strong Pac-10 season.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Luke Jackson = Wally Szcerbiak

I'd consider putting Villanueva in the top 5 as well, which really makes UConn just silly good.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
hes a much more versatile player and that alone makes him a "potentially" better player. Also to the poster that said Jackson has 2 triple doubles in his career. Iguodala has 2 this season with 2 other near ones.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts