Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see Oregon vs. Oregon State last night and was very surprised with the skill of Jackson. I only went to the game to see him play because I was skeptical of the talk regarding him as a potential first round pick in the upcoming draft. However, he made a believer out of me....

39 points
16 rebounds
5 assists
4 steals
14-14 from the line

Despite the Ducks losing, I'm now on the Luke Jackson bandwagon! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stallion</b>!
I went to see Oregon vs. Oregon State last night and was very surprised with the skill of Jackson. I only went to the game to see him play because I was skeptical of the talk regarding him as a potential first round pick in the upcoming draft. However, he made a believer out of me....

39 points
16 rebounds
5 assists
4 steals
14-14 from the line

He had his best game ever, it was a shame that they lost. If those numbers don't get people believing he can make it, I don't know what will.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stallion</b>!

39 points
16 rebounds
5 assists
4 steals
14-14 from the line

That is a prime-time game! Big numbers. Games like those let teams know they can dominate at that level and are ready for the next step. He may have just played his way into the 1st round w/ that performance. However, they also lost, and to a team w/ less talent. Great game, though.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I think Luke Ridnour's success will open the door for Luke Jackson. The Oregon Ducks played the up tempo basketball which helped Luke Ridnour with the transition to the NBA. Luke Jackson should definitely be drafted. I would say late first round ,early second. He is also a lefty, which causes a lot of havoc for opposing players. He could definitely be a solid bench player in the NBA, or maybe find a niche on a team, similar to Matt Harpring.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Luke is The Truth. I love his game. He might be somewhat of a tweener in the leauge being only 6-7. He might measure taller though. His outside shooting will probably be his key componet at the next level.

I wonder sometimes though... Will he end up a great college guy who turns out to have a Tracy Murray type career or will he have more success like Brent Barry?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoseCity</b>!
I wonder sometimes though... Will he end up a great college guy who turns out to have a Tracy Murray type career or will he have more success like Brent Barry?
I think he'll be closer to Murray. Barry is very versatile. Luke projects to be a SF, but I think he can be a solid one.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I am curently watching him play against WSU, and I think that he is versatile like barry. In fact, I think that in the NBA, he eill eventually find himself as a SG. He has a great outside stroke, quick reflexes, the ability to slash, and the ability to play point for short stretches. I think he will go 16-20. As the season moves on, more peoplewill realize that his skill set is stacked, and he plays a ball that will translate well to the NBA.

As a Blazer fan, I would not mind using the higher of our two picks to grab Luke.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Luke just went for 20-6-6 and 8 turnovers in a 24pt loss to AZ.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Luke is always solid. He is a very consistent player, The other players on the Ducks team have trouble with consistency it ends up losing games for them if they dont all show up to play every game. Joseph and Crosswhite were struggling the OSU game and Luke stepped up with a HUGE game. I think he can definently make the transition to the next level. He can play the 2 & 3 and play short stints at the 1 & 4 in the nba.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts