Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I haven't had a chance to watch the Bulls games, so I'm asking for opinions on how Deng has played. Because he is coming back from a significant injury it may take some time before he gets back to full strength. However one thing that has kind of puzzeled me is that I have already seen on several occasions, Deng being described as a black-hole or ball hog in the game threads. I was hoping some people could elaborate on this.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I didn't get the San Antonio game here since it was on WCIU, but from what I could tell following the game online and reading the thread, looks like he played a good game. Other then that, the two game's I've watched him, Charlotte and Golden State, he hasn't looked very impressive yet.

He's thrown some very weak and suspect passes, that just get easily picked off, and he has been shooting alot and his jumper just hasn't been anywhere close to consistent. He looks alot better when he takes it to the hoop, because he's got some nice moves and he's really smooth.
I think he'll come around, but I haven't seen much of it yet.

Maybe someone who got to watch the San Antonio game has some more positive notes, because that was most certainly his best game so far.

Edit: Just for a numerical look at it, some stats:

30 mpg
11.8 ppg
5.8 rpg
1.3 apg
1.5 TOpg

Individual Player Floor Time Statistics (82games.com)
Player Min Net Off Def Net48 W L Win%
Deng 59% -14 91.6 97.2 -5.6 1 3 25.0

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Deng is still up and down i and i think is still a little rusty from not playing over the summer. But i also think he should be starting since our starting unit is awful. No one can score except KH. And Noci looks lost this year starting and i just dont know why.

As a matter of fact i think we should be starting duhan, KH, deng, sweets, and chandler.

david

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I agree that Deng should be moved to the starting lineup. Our 1st unit has been underwhelming, and since we had success with Deng starting last year I think that's the logical place to go first. Luol has played ok so far...not great, but ok. He still is finding his rhythm out there from the injury layoff, but I'm seeing signs of breakout. Some of his jumpers against Golden State looked pretty. He's moving around well and playing aggressively. We need him to do anything meaningful this season, so I hope he continues the upswing.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Deng was brilliant in the 2nd half against SA... if only he would continue to drive more instead of ending the offense by taking the outside jumper... he was incredibly effective under the hoop even WITH duncan there

once he does that and gets his passing to last year's level he'll be great... and I agree we need deng out there starting instead of Noch.... Kirk is the only one that can score in that lineup

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Too many perimeter shots early in the shotclock is my largest complaint so far in his game. He seems to have taken about a half a step backwards on the defensive end as well, but that probably just needs some time on the court so he can get his rhythm back.

He's played about 7 halves of below average (for him) basketball, and one half of extremely brilliant play. I expect as the season wears on, we'll see this ratio become more balanced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts