Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about Luol going pro. Ive heard mixed feelings on the two, I remember hearing he was going to do what Okafor is doing and I have heard he will be entering the draft this year also. Anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I dont know for sure but there was supposed to be a duke press conference yesteday and he was supposed to not yet confirm he will but which way he is leaning!

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
If he declared he would definitely be a top 10 pick, maybe top 5. He is very polished for a freshman, and think he could be an impact player in the NBA next year. If he declared, I would doubt that Charlotte would pass him up.

Career-wise, if I were him, I would make the jump and finish my credits later. If he is guaranteed a top 10 choice and returns, it may not be wise choice. Deng runs the risk of getting injured in college and losing his guaranteed money - remember Chris Marcus. Many players have completed their degrees while pro. If I were his business advisor, and he was guaranteed a lottery contract, I would tell him to jump.

Same w/ Ray Felton. I would tell him to jump while his stock his high.

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can't teach common sense. Deng could've easily been a first-rounder last year, then again it was probably wise skipping the draft since it was stacked. He needs to leave after this season.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
From a career standpoint there is no reason he should stay in school. I think he could benifit from another year at Duke though, he hasn't impressed me nearly as much as Carmelo did last year. He's good, but I think he could benifit from another year under Coach K.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
He hasnt impressed me at all this season. I dont understand why he would be such a high pick.
Loul Deng Stats:
14.1ppg 6.5rpg, 1.9apg, 1.2spg, 1.2bpg, 45.1FG%, 65.1FT%, 37.93FG%

He is starring, as a true freshman no less, on the #1 team in the nation. He is an ideal pro SF. He may not be as dominant as Carmelo, but probably is just as polished. He has a very well-rounded, balanced game. Couple that w/ great court sense, good athleticism, good size (6'8 220) and you have an NBA All-Star in the making. He is a pretty sure thing in this year's draft.

P.S. Before playing one game, Coach K called him the best player on his team. Remember that Duke squad is carrying Chris Duhon, JJ Reddick, Shelden Williams, Daniel Ewing, Shavlik Randolph, Sean Dockery, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts