Votes: 20 52.6%
  • The default "neither" option which nobody should pick

Votes: 2 5.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's pretty much established that by general consensus, Okafor, Howard, and Gordon are pretty much the main candidates for RoY, who do you think is better between the two remaining 1st Rookie Team "locks"?

Luol Deng mpg: 27.7 fg%: .437 3pt%: .267
12.1ppg
5.4rpg
2.2apg
0.43bpg
0.79spg
1.98tpg

Andre Iguodala mpg: 32.4 fg%: .492 3pt%: .303
8.9ppg
5.6rpg
3.0apg
0.65bpg
1.68spg
1.75tpg

I pick Iguodala because he seems more versatile. Deng's offensive game is more polished, but Iguodala's defense in superb for a rookie.

Reactions: Pan Mengtu

·
Registered
427 Posts
A.I. is a more versatile player and can do more cause of this athleticism. His defense is excellent for a rookie and can really throw it down. He will be a superstar IMO becasue he seems to have a great work ethic. They definantly need to work him more into the offense.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cam*Ron said:
I think JR Smith should be the other rookie on the 1st team because he has made way more noise than Deng has.

I thought that maybe Deng was injured, but you know that JR Smith is ballin right now.
JR Smith is going to be a really good player. But he needs to learn how to pass. He focuses only on trying to score right now. He shouldn't be on the team IMO because he isn't very versatile yet.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
All you need to know abput Deng: the Bullssucked early when his PT was limited, went into the tank when he got hurt and started winning when he came back.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I'd take Deng, but I really like both players. They are similar defenders, both great defenders. Deng uses length and positioning, as well as above average athleticism, while Iguodala uses amazing athleticism and aggressiveness. I think Deng is the better offensive player this year, and always will be. It's really pretty close though, these are the two guys I wanted the Bulls to take with their two picks.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
MemphisX said:
All you need to know abput Deng: the Bullssucked early when his PT was limited, went into the tank when he got hurt and started winning when he came back.
Yeah, he has been the Bulls best player this year, in my opinion. Although that title will always go to the elite scorer, but Deng is the biggest impact player.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Andre Iguodala (I probably didn't even have to post for everyone to know that though). He is much more versatile, is a much better defender, is a much better passer, is developing quickly as an offensive player and as a shooter. He has also worked into the Sixers offense well, which is hard to do with Iverson and now Webber in town.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
At this point, it's all speculation and biased opinions. Luol Deng has proved that he is just as capable of a defender (but I understand that Iguodala is extra special because of his long arms, hence the ridiculous reach that he has), but I really like what Deng brings to Chicago and think that he may be the better fit. With such a young team, we need a mature player like Luol who can do a lot of the dirty work, but also be counted on to knock down a couple of mid-range jump shots, etc.

Deng is a much more polished player at this point, but, we cannot go any further then that. Iggy has a lot of time to work on his shot and offense in general, but his defensive abilities and athleticisim aren't things you teach to a youngster.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Both can be key contributors on winning teams...take your pick, neither one will become a superstar, but they should play in a couple of all-star games.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I love both players' games, but I'd pick Luol Deng. To me, he's a Scottie Pippen Lite. He's a glue guy who has the potential to provide whatever his team is lacking each night. I think he can potentially, at his upper ceiling, be a franchise player, though that probably isn't likely. Still, he has tremendous all-around potential, as a slasher, shooter, post-up player, passer, rebounder and defender. And he's still very young, he's really going to grow into all of these abilities.

Andre Igoudala has the potential to be a lock-down defender and solid scorer. A Corey Maggette with very nice defense. I'd love to have him on my team, but I don't think his overall impact will be that of Deng.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Tough choice. It is really a crap shoot. I'd probably take Deng over Iggy, but I have to admit I haven't seen either play a whole lot.

It seems funny to me though how people seem to think Deng has such a limited ceiling compared to a lot of others.

·
Banned
336 Posts
JNice said:
Tough choice. It is really a crap shoot. I'd probably take Deng over Iggy, but I have to admit I haven't seen either play a whole lot.

It seems funny to me though how people seem to think Deng has such a limited ceiling compared to a lot of others.
I agree Deng's ceiling is far from limited. While I think their skills are comparable I'd take Iggy because of his intelligence. He doesn't take many bad shots which is why his FG% will be over 50% by the end of the season.

Iggy's passing is suburb. He doesn't just pass the ball, he puts it square in his teammate chest every time. And then there's that sick shutdown D.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Amplifier said:
I agree Deng's ceiling is far from limited. While I think their skills are comparable I'd take Iggy because of his intelligence. He doesn't take many bad shots which is why his FG% will be over 50% by the end of the season.

Iggy's passing is suburb. He doesn't just pass the ball, he puts it square in his teammate chest every time. And then there's that sick shutdown D.

Iggy is gonna have a tough time developing with Iverson, IMO. Not hating on Iverson, but he is the most ball-dominating player in the game. It's not hate, just a fact. Maybe that will lessen as he gets older, but he's just not going to get the offensive opportunities other guys will.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts