Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/552564.html

Maccabi Tel Aviv forward Maceo Baston has agreed to terms with the club for a two-year contract extension, but is delaying signing the deal until he has exhausted all options of returning to the NBA.

"Maccabi's financial offer is satisfactory, but together with my agent, I have decided to delay signing a contract because several teams from the United States have expressed an interest in me," Baston said.

"I have had a taste of the NBA, but it was short, and it wasn't enough," said the 29-year-old who played 16 games for the Toronto Raptors in the 2002-3 season. "I believe I am good enough to get an NBA contract, and that remains my prefered option."

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
we've already got too many players who are dying to get minutes here so his chances being a rap again are 0.1%...

too bad though, i loved having maceo around :cry:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
trick said:
we've already got too many players who are dying to get minutes here so his chances being a rap again are 0.1%...

too bad though, i loved having maceo around :cry:
yeah, I would guess that we are NOT one of the teams expressing interest. Liked the guy though, its hard to beleive he isn't an NBA player.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Yeah he was really athletic, I remember once awhile ago, he had two huge dunks in the same game.
However I doubt we will see him in a Raptors uniform.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I really liked Maceo's skills. Lenny didn't give him much run and he had to leave the team for personal reasons.

Then he was having an amazing summer league with the KO Raps but had to decide on the Euro contract before the Raps were willing to commit. We had Bosh coming in, and also had a bigger guy with similar skills in Jerome Moiso who we thought would be a big addition for us. Maceo would have been a third guy with similar build and skills. Understandable why we let him go.

Would love to see him back, but unless we get rid of EWill, Lamond, and Jalen where would he get any minutes?

I hope he gets a chance. But he is an older player now and unless he can step in with an immediate impact not many teams will be interested. I think he is 28 or 29.

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Well if he stay with Macabi then he will be in Toronto during the offseason this year for an exibition game

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Starbury03 said:
What happened to DeAndre Hullet? The raps still have his rights.
heck, let's bring back Tyson Wheeler ;)

Maceo has the build and quicks to become a pretty good perimeter/mid-range defender for this team and top that with him not needing the ball to get some quick baskets for himself here and there, it's a shame he was never committed during the KO tenure to show what he could really do for a defensive-minded coach like Kevin.

·
Registered
356 Posts
im watchin right now maccabi tel aviv socer team...
my reply on this subject will come later..as an israeli and a maccabi fan about maceo...

u guys can ask questions about how he's developin in maccabi, or anythin about his playin skills....i'll answer what i can. (thats cuz i watched almost every maccabi game in the last 2 seasons we have maceo)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts