Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently he's having trouble with the offensive plays which is what is keeping him benched. I really wish he would learn them because I would love to see him more involved.

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
I second that

·
Registered
185 Posts
That "he hasn't learned plays yet" talk is the biggest crap you can think of. This guy has higher IQ than anyone else on the roster.
He's in Scott's doghouse that's all.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
SianTao said:
That "he hasn't learned plays yet" talk is the biggest crap you can think of. This guy has higher IQ than anyone else on the roster.
Exactly. I really wonder about what plays Scott is talking... I watch NBA game and I rarely see any play ran. Usually in NBA attack ball is passed maximum 3-5 times, how can you set a play with so little passes. The idea is who has the ball - shoots. Macas has played for 3 big Europeans coach so far and has learned many plays in those teams he played, so that is so pathetic reasoning. Maybe you could use such reason for HS rookie, but not for matured euro player and moreover guard and not stiff center (who some really have problems with it).

·
Registered
430 Posts
B. Scott is worst is worst couch in the league. Period. I hope Macas will be traded to other team. "Don't know team plays"-thats bigest crap i've ever heard.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SianTao said:
Well since you know so much, please tell us why he's in the doghouse. What has he done to get there? Curious minds want to know. I don't know or care what the reason is, I just want to see Macas!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
girllovesthegame said:
Well since you know so much, please tell us why he's in the doghouse. What has he done to get there? Curious minds want to know. I don't know or care what the reason is, I just want to see Macas!!!

Ask this question " basketball genius" b.scot.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KokoTheMonkey said:
There is the possibility that Macas just isn't that great of a basketball player.
You know when I saw Lithuania play Team USA I kept saying I want Sarunas Jacikevicius to play for the Hornets. He was great!! But when I found out the Hornets would be getting Macijauskas, I was happy. I figured if he was most likely a really good player. But I can't tell if I don't see him play.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mauzer said:
He just got to wrong team, wrong coach at wrong time.
So where do you think he'd be a better fit? You'll probably say anywhere but the Hornets but honestly, where do you think he'd fit?

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
The Hornets run an "offense" not necessarily "plays." Learning a new offense and its subtilties can take a while. Macas is a good player but you CANNOT expect him to go from being a good player overseas to a regular player in the NBA. He's just going to take some time. Any thoughts that Macas was going to play big minutes from day one were dellusionary...

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
Registered
690 Posts
He is probably in the doghouse just cause he doesn't play defense. Scott benched JR Smith last year for the same reason... That happens when you play for a defensive minded coach, who prefers a defensive scrub than a talented offensive player...

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WTChan said:
Anyone know why he signed with the Hornets? I always thought international FAs would sign with an elite team like the Pacers or the Spurs.
Oops, guess you thought wrong. Or maybe he's a player that thinks he can help turn a team into an elite team? Maybe instead of being like some players that only wants to play for "a winning team", he wants to help a team turnaround. Maybe?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
girllovesthegame said:
Oops, guess you thought wrong. Or maybe he's a player that thinks he can help turn a team into an elite team? Maybe instead of being like some players that only wants to play for "a winning team", he wants to help a team turnaround. Maybe?
He made a valid point so your smart *** answer wasn't warranted.

Macas hasn't seen the floor in over a week, so right now he's not helping anyone from the bench.

·
6,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
arenas809 said:
He made a valid point so your smart *** answer wasn't warranted.

Macas hasn't seen the floor in over a week, so right now he's not helping anyone from the bench.
My answer wasn't smart ***. Was the valid point..."why did he sign with the Hornets?" meaning why would he or anyone want to sign with the Hornets? or that most international players sign with "elite" teams? It's about time that other teams get some int players. Indiana got Sarunas and the Hornets got Arvydas. And when he signed no one thought he'd be on the bench this long. And to WTChan, if you thought my answer was smart ***, I apologize to you.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts