Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Seriously??? You're messing around right?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
All I know is that the Clippers aren't going to just give Corey away. I still kind of doubt they would consider doing a deal with the Blazers though if and when they do decide to move him. But for the sake of argument, I would definitely want Martell Webster as part of any package for Maggette.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
The Clippers will never trade for Francis and his monster contract. They will however probably try to sign him once he is bought out.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
this would obviously be a bad trade for the clippers. if francis comes over and plays well with mobley like he did in houston thats great but i dont wanna give up mags for him.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Five5even said:
Am i missing something, because i thought Maggette was basically having a feud with Dunleavy and demanded a trade or whatever. I figured he would be on the shopping list right now.
Maggette hasn't demanded any trade.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Any trade to Portland, involving Maggette, must include Webster and/or Jack, or one of the many prospect PG's[SRod or Kopenen]. No thanks to Francis, we won't add to Maggette go get a downgrade.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Maggette is apparently a favourite of Clippers owner Donald Sterling, so i can't imagine they'd just give him away.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Blazer Freak said:
Would you do a Jack/Webster/Przybilla for Maggette/Aaron Williams deal?
That could work, much better than the original Francis swap, but i'd prefer to see if Golden State is interested in Ellis & Pietrus for Maggette & filler.

We'd solve both our guard spot problems in one fell swoop & Nelly can turn Maggette into an All-Star.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Five5even said:
Am i missing something, because i thought Maggette was basically having a feud with Dunleavy and demanded a trade or whatever. I figured he would be on the shopping list right now.
Why would we trade for Francis? Last time I heard Portland was going to buy out his contract which would make him a free agent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts