Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It involves a switch of draft picks, but honestly, I don't think Orlando has what it needs to develop a young high schooler like Dwight Howard, and you don't need a guy like Deng. Okafor isn't a big enough big man... Pavel is a good choice but not rocksteady.

I think the best thing they can do is clean up the Gooden/Howard redundancy, get a decent low-lottery pick, and get a better complement to McGrady.

Seattle trades: PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 32.1 minutes)
PG Antonio Daniels (8.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.0 apg in 20.7 minutes)
C Jerome James (4.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.2 minutes)
Seattle receives: C Steven Hunter (3.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
SG Gordan Giricek (10.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 29.8 minutes)
PF Juwan Howard (15.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 1.9 apg in 35.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.4 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Orlando trades: C Steven Hunter (3.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 47 games)
PG Antonio Daniels (8.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.0 apg in 41 games)
C Jerome James (4.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 40 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Include with this trade a swap of draft picks.

The new Orlando Magic:

Antonio Daniels
Tracy McGrady
Vladimir Radmanovic
Drew Gooden
Jerome James

Reece, Zaza, Lue, Bogans off the bench. Draft a guy like Hakim Warrick to make an impact with more athleticism off the bench. With your second rounder (which is a confusing story to me right now), you can get a decent bench player as well, someone like Khryapa (might sneak into the first round though) or Darius Rice.

Wow, this trade gives you three new legit starters and leaves a very decent lottery pick. Orlando's rebuilding should be this way. You shouldn't be looking at a new superstar in the draft; you should be looking for the right pieces to put around him.

You basically give up Juwan (who isn't working out anyway) and a high lottery pick for Vlad Rad, better role players including a legit big man in the East, and a lower lottery pick.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
It involves a switch of draft picks, but honestly, I don't think Orlando has what it needs to develop a young high schooler like Dwight Howard, and you don't need a guy like Deng. Okafor isn't a big enough big man... Pavel is a good choice but not rocksteady.

I think the best thing they can do is clean up the Gooden/Howard redundancy, get a decent low-lottery pick, and get a better complement to McGrady.

Seattle trades: PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 32.1 minutes)
PG Antonio Daniels (8.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.0 apg in 20.7 minutes)
C Jerome James (4.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 14.2 minutes)
Seattle receives: C Steven Hunter (3.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.4 ppg, +2.1 rpg, and -3.0 apg.

Orlando trades: C Steven Hunter (3.0 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Vladimir Radmanovic (12.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 47 games)
PG Antonio Daniels (8.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 4.0 apg in 41 games)
C Jerome James (4.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.6 apg in 40 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.4 ppg, -2.1 rpg, and +3.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Include with this trade a swap of draft picks.

The new Orlando Magic:

Antonio Daniels
Tracy McGrady
Vladimir Radmanovic
Drew Gooden
Jerome James

Reece, Zaza, Lue, Bogans off the bench. Draft a guy like Hakim Warrick to make an impact with more athleticism off the bench. With your second rounder (which is a confusing story to me right now), you can get a decent bench player as well, someone like Khryapa (might sneak into the first round though) or Darius Rice.

Wow, this trade gives you three new legit starters and leaves a very decent lottery pick. Orlando's rebuilding should be this way. You shouldn't be looking at a new superstar in the draft; you should be looking for the right pieces to put around him.

You basically give up Juwan (who isn't working out anyway) and a high lottery pick for Vlad Rad, better role players including a legit big man in the East, and a lower lottery pick.
I would do it without the swap of picks. A guy like Okafor is exactly what Orlando needs, you dont give up a shot at him just to pickup some decent players. James is an enigma and Daniels is inconsistent. I like Vlad, but not enough to give up a shot at Emeka.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts