Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the game yesterday where Jalen Rose and Jason Williams played. It was rookies against the NBA players. (The rookies won!)

Rose barely played. He started and finished the game but he was all about making flashy passes. They had quite a few guys on the NBA team so each one only played a handful of minutes. I did notice that he was really cool with the kids. He paid a lot of attention to them and let kids sit by him on the court. I'm a girl so I notice stuff like that.

Williams played more b/c he was the big name on the rookie team and they had fewer guys. He stole the show much like he did in Chicago. Dribbling while sliding on the court, bouncing the ball off Corey Maggette's foot and cathing it again, doing things I can't describe. The courtside announcers (John Salley and the other BDSSP guy) were saying things like "Chicago's back in the play-offs" and "PLEASE do that in Chicago, Jay." He really knew how to work the crowd. And he was a key reason why the rookies beat the NBA players. Him and the fact that the NBA players didn't seem to care all that much.

I also think after watching the celebrity game that Snoop clears the boards better than Marcus Fizer. For real.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
LOL. I knew Snoop could play (from watching all those celeb baller shows on MTV)... but I guess I underestimated his rebounding skills.

Jay Williams is one of the few players who can go basically anywhere he wants to on the court. Because of his quickness, handles, and build... the Bulls are looking at something really special for many seasons to come. He'll get his share of rookie mistakes, poor calls, turnovers, and the like... but I hope Bulls fans quickly realize that he'll be a great player and very soon at that.

VD

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
snoop would is good at b-ball but gets tossed around to much the guy is like 6'6 190lbs the guy is a toothpick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.