Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grades for the Magic Players and Staff, so far this Season:

Tracy McGrady: B He had a bad start to the season, and hasn't shot the ball very well all season, and has come off as lackadaisical and not really seeming to care at times. Still, he's come on as of late, and is playing well in January particularly.

Juwan Howard: C+ Stat wise, this is pretty much what I expected from Howard(with the exception of his horrible FG%) but I have been very disappointed with Juwan's defense and his leadership. He's the veteran on the team, and hasn't provided much veteran leadership as I would like. Now, the season is pretty much a wash and he's just slowing down Gooden's development.

Drew Gooden: B- I've been kinda disappointed with Drew's development this year(or lack there of) but a lot of it can be explained by Juwan Howard taking his playing time, and overall adjusting to coming off the bench and getting inconsistent minutes night in and night out. Drew has shown signs of greatness at times this year, but hasn't been consistent at all.

Tyronn Lue: C Pretty much what I expected out of Tyronn. Little defense, good shooting, not much else. Tyronn is best suited coming off the bench, where I wouldn't mind having him on our team as a backup, but starting is not for him.

Gordan Giricek: D- I don't know if anyone else on the team has disappointed me this year more than Gordan. He showed signs of being a legit starting SF in this league, but really choked in the playoffs, and it seems that this is the real Giricek, and the one was saw last year is a thing of the past.

Keith Bogans: A- Very pleasant surprise. Bogans is the ultimate hustler, and he has some skill to go with it. Keith's played great since claiming a starting job. I really like this kid, and I laugh everytime Goose compliments him(every two seconds). Gotta love the support for his fellow former Kentucky Wildcat.

Rod Strickland: B Rod's obviously not a long term solution at PG for Orlando, but he has filled in quite nicely while they continue to search for one. Rod plays very intelligently, and knows how to run an offense and control the tempo of a game.

Lee Nailon: C Nothing special, but Nailon's instant offense, and has shown no signs of being the club cancer that he has been labeled with. I see him standing up on the bench cheering on his teammates, not sulking about not playing. I really like Lee, and I hope he sticks around.

Shammond Williams: D I really dislike the way Shammond plays. He can't kick the bad habits he learned in Boston. Can't manage a game as the point guard, doesn't know when to shoot, takes many ill-advised shots, and doesn't play particularly well on the defensive end either.

Steven Hunter: C- Steven was playing well early on the season, blocking shots, rebounding the ball, playing solid interior defense, and throwing down a few dunks here and there. He's now burried on the bench, and rarely sets foot on the court. I'd much rather have him and Pachulia getting the majority of the playing time at Center as opposed to DeClercq.

Andrew Declercq: F I don't understand why DeClercq was resigned by the Magic, and why he continues to start over Pachulia and Hunter, and continually shows why he has no place in the NBA. The guy has little to no talent, and while I like his hustle, he's just not meant to be an NBA player.

Zaza Pachilia: B- I really like this kid, and I think he has the potential to grow into a very good player in the NBA. He brings energy, offense, hustle and rebounding to the team every time he steps on the floor. Zaza is already a fan favorite, and a personal favorite of mine. I really would like to see him playing more.

Reece Gaines: F Gaines has looked tentative every time he's stepped on the court, and has shown surprisingly poor ball-handling skills for a PG. I hope he gets a chance to play later on in the year, and develops at least into a servicable backup. I don't think that's too much to ask for from the 15th overall pick.

Johnny Davis: C- I like Johnny, but I don't feel he's the right guy to coach the Magic. I don't understand DeClercq and Howard playing over Pachulia and Gooden, when the team is 11-32 and are obviously not going anywhere this year. Why not develop the young talents? Let them make mistakes, and learn on the job. What is there to lose?

John Gabriel: C- I don't like the guy at all, make no mistake about that, but drafting Zaza and trading for Bogans were good moves, give him credit for that. The selection of Reece Gaines however...

·
Registered
109 Posts
If Tracy McGrady attended further education, he would of gotten an A+

What the hell is up with that comment? I know you must still be pissed Tmac left and then your only superstar got injured by why must you keep on holding all of the hate towards tmac...why dont you grow up and get that pacifier out of my mouth.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I agree with most of the grades, some should be slightly higher, or lower, but overall it's good.

as for the t-mac comment.. what the heck does that mean??

·
Premium Member
100,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>c_dog</b>!
I agree with most of the grades, some should be slightly higher, or lower, but overall it's good.

as for the t-mac comment.. what the heck does that mean??
As for the T-Mac comment? Are you referring to my T-Mac comment of Mattsanity's? If it's his, I only have one question for you: Why don't you have him on ignore, the rest of the site does.

I think what he means is, if T-Mac went to college he would somehow be better now than he is already.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
You don't know if T-mac would be as good as he is or if he would be better in college. He might have sucked in college and got into some kind of trouble..

WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE HAD TAKEN ANOTHER ROAD INSTEAD OF THE ONE WE TAKE>.....

so we really don't know if he would be better or not.. maybe he would have never been on the MAGIC..... so...

Don't make silly comments like this please..

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Back on topic:

McGrady should have an A but after all the comments he made about retiring, mad @ zone d...etc. (which he wasn't really serious about)... I give him a B+ for overall as a player.. but for having game etc.. I give him an A (this guy plays hard everynight despite his losing team) he just gets the blame even though the team is pathetic..

Drew Gooden C+ (He is very inconsistant)
Giricek C (What is up with him.. He can't play defense etc. and is very incosistant)
Howard C+ (He is okay, even though I really don't like him and he doesnt really fit into this team)..
ZAZA B (This guy is the future center of the magic hopefully)

BOGANS B (He is the steal of the draft:))

·
Premium Member
100,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!

Wow, atleast someone has some common sense
I love how you conclude that I have common sense from a post in which i state that everyone should have you on their ignore list. Classic:laugh:

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Wow, atleast someone has some common sense

I dont think it has anything to do with common sense, but more your inability to successfully construct a well written sentence.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Those are pretty good.

I dont think DeClerq deserves that low of a grade. It isnt his fault he is starting and we expect more. Just like Lue. Lue has done pretty much as well as is possible for him, but the team is so bad off for a PG that he is starting even though he is obviously a second or third string PG. Same with DeClerq. I'd like DeClerq on the team coming off the bench in limited minutes for energy at C/PF ... unfortuntaly he has to start.

I'd give Hunter an F. I know they say big men develop slowly, but come on. He has shown microscopic improvement since he came into the league. Besides being able to block a couple shots a game he is worthless. His offense is worse than Ben Wallace's. I think it says something that he cant even get off the bench on a team in desperate need of an inside presence.

I agree with Gordon. He has been a big disappointment. What is he averaging, 6ppg? He is way better than that. He appears to have big-time confidence issues. Orlando needs to get rid of him before his stock is so low they wouldnt even be able to a get a 2nd rounder in return.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If Tracy McGrady attended further education, he would of gotten an A+
How so? Hes already a top player, you think he would be better if he went to school? Guess we can say the same about Kobe too then eh? Your one or two sentence blathering realy gets on my nerves.

·
Premium Member
100,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
Your one or two sentence blathering realy gets on my nerves.
Join the club.

I guess you're kinda right JNice, about DeClercq. I can't really expect much more outta him, I just get so frustrated with him and his limited talent. I still think, while he has brought energy, he just commits so many stupid fouls, and does so little offensively, I just can't stand him playing anything but garbage minutes for us. I guess, like you said, that's really not his fault.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

I guess you're kinda right JNice, about DeClercq. I can't really expect much more outta him, I just get so frustrated with him and his limited talent. I still think, while he has brought energy, he just commits so many stupid fouls, and does so little offensively, I just can't stand him playing anything but garbage minutes for us. I guess, like you said, that's really not his fault.
Yeah, DeClerq has always had problems with fouls .. he just cant contain them. Which would be fine if he was only expected to play about 15 mins a night.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

I dont think it has anything to do with common sense, but more your inability to successfully construct a well written sentence.
Maybe you should type a 1000 word essay containing a concise explanation on why my sentences are not constructed well.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts

Maybe you should type a 1000 word essay containing a concise explanation on why my sentences are not constructed well.
No thanks. I did enough essays in middle school ... you know what I mean.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
well, @ t-mac being a better if he went to college. i don't think it makes that much a difference. t-mac is already top 5 in the league, and he's a 30ppg type of player. are you saying if he went to college he'd be averaging 40ppg by now? possible, but i think t-mac playing behind VC in toronto was kind of like college for him, where he slowly developed.

·
Premium Member
100,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by <b>JNice</b>!

No thanks. I did enough essays in middle school ... you know what I mean.
No, I doubt he does know what you mean. No way a guy with his apparent intelligence level is in middle school yet.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rukahS capuT</b>!

No, I doubt he does know what you mean. No way a guy with his apparent intelligence level is in middle school yet.
Right, you're a psychic. You will initially know whether I know something or not. Go on, keep attacking users you don't even know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.