Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Orlando trades: SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 33.7 minutes)
C Andrew DeClercq (2.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.4 minutes)

Orlando receives: C Kelvin Cato (6.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 25.5 minutes)
PF Kenny Thomas (14.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.8 ppg, +7.2 rpg, and -1.2 apg.

Houston trades: C Kelvin Cato (6.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 0.4 apg in 25.5 minutes)
PF Kenny Thomas (14.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.5 minutes)

Houston receives: SG Mike Miller (15.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 63 games)
C Andrew DeClercq (2.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 61 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.8 ppg, -7.2 rpg, and +1.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

How about this?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Great for the Rockets. We get rid of Cato's contract and KT(i like him to but he wont get any playing time with Griffin and Taylor playing the PF spot)

In addition we add a great, young shooter

That would give us

Ming, DeClercq
Griffen, Taylor
Miller, Rice, Nachbar
Mobeley, Noris, Morris
Francis, Maddox

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
WoW

That trade would also benefit Orlando, IMO. Orlando desperately needs that frontcourt help and, if Grant comes back somewhat healthy, the Magic have a veritable log jam at SG and SF. I think both teams would do well in this deal. Heck, Cato would start and Thomas would provide much-needed minutes in relief of Horace "Too Old" Grant.

If the Magic complete that deal and resign Hudson, they cement their position in the top four out east.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Talk about a trade that would never happen!

Nobody--and I mean NOBODY--is going to take Kelvin Cato off Houston's hands. Rockets fans, get used to four more years of Kelvin Cato. The Magic are hard-up for some help inside, but they're not THAT hard-up! They can get a LOT MORE for Mike Miller than this crap. PLUS, the Rockets WON'T re-sign Kenny Thomas next summer (that's why they're trying to trade him, that and the fact that the dude has zero defensive presence), if the Magic want him, they can have him next summer, they can keep Miller for themselves, and they can let Cato stay where he belongs, i.e., ON SOMEBODY ELSE'S TEAM!

Again, the Magic can get MUCH MORE for Miller than this crap. And, make no mistake--Kelvin Cato is CRAP, and Kenny Thomas is a solid off-the-bench guy, he shouldn't really be starting, he was only starting for Houston last year because Maurice Taylor was out for the entire year. And remember how much Houston sucked last year? They SUCKED! A big reason why they SUCKED SUCKED SUCKED is because they had KENNY THOMAS in their starting lineup!

·
Registered
297 Posts
That is actually one of the best thought out trades I've seen on this board. The Magic get two solid post players, and the Rockets get a shooter and a solid backup center, who's contract runs up after next year. This definitely would allow Griffen to start.

Great trade.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts