Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
Personally, i'm not expecting to see them make the playoffs either, and this is why.

The Magic need a better back court, someone to glue the team together and control the ball. Right now the Magic's style is "hand it to McGrady". They need someone else to step up for there team, like Wally Szerbiak stepped up to help KG. If they do that, than i think they can make it to the playoffs again, otherwize, i wouldn't count on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Originally posted by STING
Personally, i'm not expecting to see them make the playoffs either, and this is why.

The Magic need a better back court, someone to glue the team together and control the ball. Right now the Magic's style is "hand it to McGrady". They need someone else to step up for there team, like Wally Szerbiak stepped up to help KG. If they do that, than i think they can make it to the playoffs again, otherwize, i wouldn't count on it
If Hill wanders back into the fray and plays up to 75% of what he used to, you'll change your minds quickly enough. Tht'd give the Magic two superstars with excellent passing skills
 

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Why wouldn't they make the playoffs next year if they made it this year? They had a horrible backcourt and were only one win away from having the 4th seed. They will make the playoffs with or without Hill, as long as McGrady continues to play like a true superstar.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
58,359 Posts
if hill is more than 75% and if miller is healthy, if armstrong gets some good help at pg. If hunter improves. If they get some help up front they can be very tough next season. Grant, miller and mcgrady could be very hard to deal with. the key is what they get to help them up front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Originally posted by truebluefan
if hill is more than 75% and if miller is healthy, if armstrong gets some good help at pg. If hunter improves. If they get some help up front they can be very tough next season. Grant, miller and mcgrady could be very hard to deal with. the key is what they get to help them up front.
All big 'ifs'. I'd love to see Hill regain some form and shake the East up a little
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
First of all they need to draft Jiri Welsch or trade there pick,etc... for Jaric. Then need to find a cheap, good rebounding front court player, maybe trade Armstrong or Miller for Fortson, etc...??? Then they need Hunter to get into a weight room. This would greatly improve there team.

C-Steven Hunter 6-10 224 3.6ppg 1.8rpg
PF-Danny Fortson 6-8 260 11.2ppg 11.7rpg
SF-Grant Hill 6-8 225 16.8ppg 8.9rpg 4.6apg
SG-Tracy Mcgrady 6-8 210 25.6ppg 7.9rpg 5.3apg 1.57spg
PG-Jiri Welsch 6-7 208 15.5ppg 1.6apg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Originally posted by IMX
First of all they need to draft Jiri Welsch or trade there pick,etc... for Jaric. Then need to find a cheap, good rebounding front court player, maybe trade Armstrong or Miller for Fortson, etc...??? Then they need Hunter to get into a weight room. This would greatly improve there team.

C-Steven Hunter 6-10 224 3.6ppg 1.8rpg
PF-Danny Fortson 6-8 260 11.2ppg 11.7rpg
SF-Grant Hill 6-8 225 16.8ppg 8.9rpg 4.6apg
SG-Tracy Mcgrady 6-8 210 25.6ppg 7.9rpg 5.3apg 1.57spg
PG-Jiri Welsch 6-7 208 15.5ppg 1.6apg
Agreed. Hunter's development is paramount to their success
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Steven Hunter is going to work out well and I hope Doc Rivers will play him at starting center and doesn't buy into the Patrick Ewing story about how he's old but can still play because sure he has some few offensive good times but the guy can't run like the normal aged guys if his life depended on it.

Pat has really dissapointed me in the playoffs but that's probably because Doc doesn't think he has enough to get the job done. Horace Grant is more important to the team, no doubt about it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Hey, I think with Hill back, T-Mac will be able to focus more on the offenssive end, I like their chance to be a top 4 team in the east next year but I would say they still have to upgrade their forntcourt for them to win the East.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
553 Posts
Originally posted by T-Mac
Steven Hunter is going to work out well and I hope Doc Rivers will play him at starting center and doesn't buy into the Patrick Ewing story about how he's old but can still play because sure he has some few offensive good times but the guy can't run like the normal aged guys if his life depended on it.

Pat has really dissapointed me in the playoffs but that's probably because Doc doesn't think he has enough to get the job done. Horace Grant is more important to the team, no doubt about it.
Ewing is finished. Its a shame he can't see it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
It's great to see I am not the only one here who admites it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
*****t1mac. Personal attacks on other fans are not allowed! Profanity is not either. Might as well save your typing. I will delete or edit them every time. Be respectful.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top