Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoopshype is report that he may be shopped this offseason. Perhaps just to get a total restart of a horrid situation?

Anyway, if so, what would the Raptors have to offer, would offer and would he make a nice piece returning home to play along side Bosh?

-Joe C.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
We had a thread about this earlier. I'd love to see him here in Toronto, we'd definately be one of his number one choices to be traded to. Hopefully the teams can get something done. They've always liked Mo Pete. Maybe if we threw in Eric Williams and a protected first rounder they'd take it. However those two are our best defenders, so I'm kind of reluctant to do it. Especially since Mo Pete has been playing so well of late.
It's going to be interesting to see what transpires during the off-season.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SkywalkerAC said:
given what it would cost (say Hoffa, Philly's first rounder, and solid filler) I can't say that i'm overly interested.
Hornets are under the cap, they could take back bigger contracts for him.

-Joe C.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Joe Camel said:
Hornets are under the cap, they could take back bigger contracts for him.

-Joe C.
i think an Eric Williams/Hoffa/Murray and our Denver pick next year would do it..i wouldnt mind seeing that...but i doubt Hoffa goes..but that gives them some depth at the Wing positions and us the roster spots to draft a couple of good players in the draft..i really hope Babcock looks into this..i think this could make us a playoff team next year for sure....

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
I am not sure that it would work out if we were to acquire him. Both Bosh and Magloire are players on the rise and both of them play under the basket. I could see it hurt both of their developments in basketball.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Slasher said:
I am not sure that it would work out if we were to acquire him. Both Bosh and Magloire are players on the rise and both of them play under the basket. I could see it hurt both of their developments in basketball.
Bosh has a solid jumper, and he will be attacking with his range and his ability to take defenders off the dribble (plus, he hasn't develop quite an effective back-to-the-basket game as of now). And Magloire will be working down low.

And, sometimes we've got Bosh playing high post, with Hoffa/Sow down low...

So, I don't see how they won't fit in (without taking into account team chemistry)?

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Hoffa, Eric Williams and a first rounder?
I wouldn't mind that, but it wouldn't work under the cap.

Toronto trades: SF Lamond Murray (6.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 15.0 minutes)
SF Eric Williams (7.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 24.5 minutes)
C Rafael Araujo (3.2 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.4 minutes)
Toronto receives: C Jamaal Magloire (11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes)
PF David West (6.1 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.7 ppg, +4.0 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

New Orleans trades: C Jamaal Magloire (11.7 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 1.3 apg in 30.6 minutes)
PF David West (6.1 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.8 apg in 18.0 minutes)
New Orleans receives: SF Lamond Murray (6.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.8 apg in 15.0 minutes)
SF Eric Williams (7.8 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 24.5 minutes)
C Rafael Araujo (3.2 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.2 apg in 12.4 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -0.7 ppg, -4.0 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
Adding Lamond Murray and David West to even out the contracts, but would New Orleans do it?

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Send Hoffa, Eric Williams, Murray If More Neaded Throw Denver 1st Rnd Pick.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
adhir1 said:
how pissed would eric williams be if that happen...wow
Not our problem.
He signed an NBA contract, so it's not up to him where he goes.
New Orleans will have some cap space this off-season, and with one of the top picks in the draft, they should be a much improved team next year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Toronto missed out on this All-Star in the offseason, and it looks we have a chance to make up for our mistake! Babcock, do NOT make the same mistake again! You get Magloire! Whatever it takes (except for Bosh, Bonner, and Sow :p)!

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
What motivation does New Orleans have to trade him besides his desire to be traded? Toronto is the only team in the League that would have to pay dollar-for-dollar for him. I'd rather not have another League GM put Babcock's nuts to the fire on a deal for a player with only a couple of years left on his contract.

·
Registered
147 Posts
speedythief said:
What motivation does New Orleans have to trade him besides his desire to be traded? Toronto is the only team in the League that would have to pay dollar-for-dollar for him. I'd rather not have another League GM put Babcock's nuts to the fire on a deal for a player with only a couple of years left on his contract.
Well, I think the key player in acquiring Jam is Morris Peterson. Didn't they sign him to an offer sheet in the summer that the Raptors matched? I know they really like him... so maybe he, E-Will, and Hoffa?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Magus Relmyn said:
Well, I think the key player in acquiring Jam is Morris Peterson. Didn't they sign him to an offer sheet in the summer that the Raptors matched? I know they really like him... so maybe he, E-Will, and Hoffa?
With JR Smith blooming I don't know if their desire is as high anymore.

But the package would probably be along those lines. We'd either have to give them Hoff or a pick, or both.

It's so rare to get a good centre, let alone a hometown kid, but we'd really be paying through the nose to get him.

Hopefully we all can wait for another couple of seasons where we can pick him up for cash only.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
speedythief said:
Hopefully we all can wait for another couple of seasons where we can pick him up for cash only.
That would prove advantageous to us in the future, because let's not kid ourselves. We're not in a "win now" mindset.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts